Effective Infusions for Improving the Nervous System
Most of us have stress factors in our lives. So we need to deal with them. Here are some infusions for improving the nervous system.
If you think that a situation “is out of your hands”, you may anxious about something that is about to happen.
You cannot control a nervous attack or stress that is ravaging your body and mind; try one of these amazing infusions for improving the nervous system naturally without having to resort to pharmaceutical drugs.
Nervousness – the disease of today
In the society that we live in, it is very common that people are nervous, hurried, anxious, or stressed, as well as depressed or getting enough sleep. Tensions and pressures that you feel obligated to everyday ravage your nervous system.
Although doctors say that a little bit of tension is good for your health, the problem happens when this amount exceeds the normal standards. Therefore, you need to consider natural remedies for improving the nervous system.
Read also: The Perfect Tea for Your Diet
There comes a time when it seems like nothing you do (sleeping all weekend, spending the weekend outside, doing yoga, meditating, etc) is enough.
You need “make a change” in order to get your health back and also have more energy to take on your daily challenges and obligations without them putting you in a state of so much stress or anxiety that ends up making you seriously sick.
The goals of natural herbs to help calm and improve your nervous system is to ease the symptoms, relax your body and mind, sleep better, control blood pressure, calm anxiety, and leave the person in a great state with no muscle or head pains, cramps, palpitations or tachycardia, depression, etc.
The main plants that are used to make infusions that fight attacks or problems related to nerves are:
- Ginseng: it can be the “common” type or Siberian ginseng. Both are used to fight depression from the root and reduce the state of stress that is so common in today’s world. They are great natural strengtheners for your nervous system. Although it tends to be consumed as a tea, ginseng tea is very effective.
- St John’s Wart: if you eat it between 4 and 6 months in a row, it is a tonic that repairs your nervous system. It is very useful for treatments for patients with depression. You should drink a teaspoon of St John’s Wart ground in boiling water twice a day.
- Starflower: It balances the excess of adrenal hormones due to a situation of intense stress. Drink an infusion with a tablespoon of dried leaves per cup of water. You can drink several glasses a day.
- Valerian: It is one of the most known anti-anxiety and nerves herbs. It’s good to fight against any type of nervous system disease and to reduce psychosomatic manifestations like spasms, palpitations, vomiting, insomnia, etc. Make an infusion with 15 grams of this plant’s root. Let sit the entire night and drink it in the morning.
- Meadowsweet: this plant’s essential oils give it a delicious aroma but also with its sedative properties to even calm the “knots in your stomach” from angst. A meadowsweet infusion also treats acidity and ulcers. Make it with two teaspoons of flowers per cup of water and drink it three times a day after eating.
- Pitaya: this has a substance called ‘calle captin’, with gentle stimulating effects for the nervous system. Pitaya treats nervousness, high blood pressure, and heart arrhythmia. It’s great for improving the nervous system.
- Boldo: another very popular herb, which also helps digestion and stomach pains. It is rich in boldine and its essential oils have sedative and calming effects for your entire nervous system. Make the infusion with 2.5 grams of Boldo per 100 mL of water before going to sleep. You should not continue the treatment for more than 4 weeks in a row.
- Basil: this aromatic plant that is often used in gastronomy is also an excellent option for strengthening your nervous system and also easing adverse manifestations that happen in the stomach. Drink an infusion made with a teaspoon of dried basil leaves per cup of hot water. We suggest consuming this after main meals.
- Lettuce: it is sedative which is why it is also soothing. It helps calm nerves, helps you sleep better at night, and controls palpitations. A grandmother’s recipe is to put a lettuce leaf in the water that babies are bathed in so that they sleep more relaxed. Drink a tea with lettuce leaves or eat a salad before going to bed. Some people say that it is also a good option to make a smoothie or juice.
- Wild rose: Soothes the nervous system and related stomach pains. Make an infusion of wild rose with a teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water. Drink up to two a day.
- Chamomile: another “popular” herb with sedative and calming effects for the nervous system. It reduces tension, inhibits muscular spasms in your stomach, and is also a painkiller. You should make a tea with a cup of water and 4 grams of flowers. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drink up to 3 cups a day. It does an amazing thing for improving the nervous system.