How to Fight Inflammation and Intestinal Gas with Aloe Vera and Papaya
The laxative properties of aloe vera combined with carminatives of papaya make a remedy that is ideal for putting an end to gas and other digestive issues.
Are you looking for an effective and natural remedy to relieve intestinal gas and bloating? Sometimes, the consumption of large meals can cause digestive difficulties that usually manifest themselves in the form of pain and bloating. And these mild discomforts are able to interfere with daily tasks; presenting complications when not enough attention is paid to them.
Among other things, their appearance indicates that intestinal bacteria are out of control; and this causes an imbalance in the pH of the digestive system. But the good news is that it can be alleviated naturally, as there are alternative remedies that promote digestion and regulation of the flora or microbiota.
Two natural allies, creating a remedy for intestinal gas
Both aloe vera gel and papaya have anti-inflammatory and depurative properties that help alleviate the aforementioned discomfort. Below, we’ll tell you more about the benefits of these two allies.
We want to let you know that, when combined in the same drink, you get a preparation with fiber and digestive enzymes; ideal for relieving or preventing dyspepsia (indigestion).
Learn more: What Causes Acid Reflux?
Aloe vera and papaya remedy to fight inflammation and intestinal gas
The crystal contained in aloe vera leaves has been used for hundreds of years as an ally to improve gastrointestinal health.
Among its main benefits, an article published in 2014 by the International Journal of Review and Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences states that it:
- Concentrates vitamin B; which stimulates nutrient absorption and digestion
- Provides vitamin A, essential amino acids and enzymes that participate in the digestive work
- Has substances (aloemodin and alomitin) that help to heal tissues in case of gastritis, ulcers and excess acidity
- Is attributed with laxative properties; ideal for improving bowel movement in cases of constipation
- Has antiviral and antibacterial properties that help reduce the risk of intestinal infections
- Combats indigestion and the feeling of heaviness thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect
- Helps regulate the microbial flora of the intestine and, therefore, reduces gas production
Papaya and its benefits
Papaya is a tropical fruit with a soft texture that, because of its delicious flavor, makes up a part of millions of people’s diets. Among its qualities, researcher Milind Parle of the Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology (India) pays special attention to the following, payapa:
- Is known for its significant amount of essential nutrients, among them are vitamins A, B and C, potassium, and dietetic fiber.
- Contains an enzyme called papain that acts as an anti inflammatory, antioxidant, and detoxifying agent.
- Helps to alleviate digestive problems since it accelerates digestion and the assimilation of proteins.
- Stops the accumulation of waste inside of them.
- Its components improve the healing process of the stomach’s tissues, especially in cases of ulcers and gastritis.
- It prevents and combats acid reflux.
- In addition, it decreases bloating in the abdomen.
- Finally, it fights infections caused by intestinal parasites and helps to strengthen the immune system.
How to make this aloe vera and papaya remedy?
This homemade aloe vera and papaya remedy is a healthy drink. In addition to helping with digestion, it also improves your skin and hair health.
Its nutrients are easily absorbed. Plus, by regulating the pH of your blood, it helps to eliminate toxins.
- 7.5 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera (75 g)
- 3 slices of papaya
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Peel and cut the papaya into cubes.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process them for a couple of minutes or until you have a homogenous liquid.
- If you want a more liquid preparation, add some more water and process again.
- Serve without straining and drink right away.
How often should this remedy be used for intestinal gas?
Before taking this remedy continuously, it’s best to consult a doctor. This is, above all, for the professional to indicate how much would be advisable to take daily or every so often. In addition, it is necessary to consult with him first before consuming any type of remedy to avoid adverse reactions, especially in case of suffering from some type of chronic gastrointestinal illness.
If you already have the professional’s recommendations, then you could consider the following:
- If you only want to combat intestinal gas and punctual inflammation, consume it up to 2 times a day.
- To detoxify the body, consume this drink on an empty stomach.
Ready to prepare this drink at home? If you have slow digestion, or you are bloated because you have eaten too much, combine these ingredients and take advantage of its properties.
Undoubtedly, we invite you to include this drink in your diet every time you want to fight intestinal gas.