Aloe Vera-Honey Remedy for Digestive Problems
Flatulence, heartburn, or nausea could be symptoms of chronic digestive problems and an aloe vera-honey remedy can help. Indeed, this plant is quite versatile and many people use it for treating stomach problems. The addition of honey makes it ideal to deal with uncomfortable symptoms. As with everything, run it by your doctor before you begin to use it.
Aloe vera is a plant with multiple uses and benefits, both for our external and internal health, since its gel is a very effective tonic. It has multiple uses and benefits, from aesthetic to medicinal. Thus, you can take advantage of each of them and improve your quality of life, thanks to natural preparations based on this plant.
On the other hand, aloe vera with honey is an ideal remedy to help make those annoying stomach symptoms disappear. Do you know how to prepare it and how it acts on the digestive system? Here we tell you.
What causes digestive problems?
Stomach problems are conditions that affect your digestive system, whether they’re mild or severe. There can be many different causes depending on your precise condition.
The most common conditions are caused by too much fiber in the body, according to this study from the Ramon and Cajal University Hospital in Madrid, intolerance to a particular substance, or poor eating habits.
The symptoms of digestive problems often include:
- Stomach ache
If you’re suffering from any of these, we recommend you visit your doctor to find out the cause. An early diagnosis is always the best course of action for effective treatment.
Stomach problems can be anything from irritable bowel syndrome to cancer. Thus, consult a doctor as soon as possible if you’re not feeling well. Take your health seriously. No sort of pain is normal.
Find out how to Improve Your Health With This Baking Soda Honey Mixture
What’s aloe vera? What are its digestive properties?
You’ve probably already come across aloe vera as a great remedy for curing wounds and burns. This has been confirmed in this study by the Hospital Amalia Simoni Argilagos in Cuba. As you can see, its healing powers are truly impressive, but internally it also has many benefits for the body.
Aloe vera contains vitamins A, B, and C, amino acids, and enzymes which significantly help improve the digestive system. Thus, just one aloe vera stalk is enough to make a drink or a gel with powerful healing properties.
Some of the health properties of this plant include the following. It:
- Reduces inflammation caused by gastritis or duodenitis, according to this study conducted by Universidad de La Serena in Chile
- Helps alleviate symptoms of a hiatal hernia.
- Stimulates digestion, according to this study by Hospital Universitario Insular of Gran Canaria.
- Treats ulcerative colitis, as per this article by Nanchang University Hospital.
- Helps insulin production, according to this research conducted by Instituto Politécnico Nacional of México.
- Eliminates bad bacteria from the stomach, as per this study conducted by Universidad Técnica de Machala in Ecuador.
- Finally, it relieves the symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
Aloe vera-honey remedy for digestive problems
This aloe vera remedy can help you deal with any digestive problems you might have. However, pregnant and lactating women should skip it.
Be sure to drink it freshly made as it’ll lose its properties over time. Here’s how to make it:
- An aloe vera stalk
- 2 tbsp. of honey (50 g.)
- 1 c. of water (250 ml.)
- Firstly,carefully peel the aloe vera stalk.
- Then, wash it and allow it to soak in water for a few minutes to remove the yellow secretion as it’s bitter and has a foul smell; keep the clear gel.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and drink.
- Then, add two tablespoons of honey and note that you can change the amount according to your taste. It’s just there to sweeten and improve the flavor. Consume honey in moderation.
- Finally, you can drink this beverage three to five times a week, before a meal. Don’t drink it for more than seven days straight.
Note: Some people may experience diarrhea due to the plant’s laxative properties. Stop drinking it if so. This mainly happens when you don’t remove the yellow secretions after cutting the plant. Thus, it’s important to wash it properly.
Your digestive problems will greatly improve after using this natural remedy. However, you must complement it with a nutritious diet and drink enough water. Consult a doctor if your symptoms don’t improve.