Home Remedies to Reduce Red and White Stretch Marks
Few things are as annoying as stretch marks on your skin. Weight changes or hormonal imbalances are usually the main causes of these marks. How can you get rid of them? Some people turn to plastic surgery, but this costly intervention isn’t a possibility for everyone.
These simple home remedies can help mitigate stretch marks. Although they won’t get rid of them completely, they’ll smooth them out and make them less noticeable. Would you like to know more about these simple remedies?
1. Home remedies for red stretch marks
Red stretch marks are new. In other words, they’re still in the “inflammation” phase. They can show up on your arms, legs, buttocks, or stomach and will almost certainly appear during pregnancy.
The inflammation process can last up to a few months as the body sends blood to the affected areas, thus intensifying their appearance.
Over time, these marks end up causing scarring and turning white. Is it possible to get rid of these unpleasant marks? You’ll get the best results if you start treatment right after they appear, while they’re still red. It’s worth trying out.
Check out the following tips on what to do about your stretch marks.
1. Simple sugar exfoliant
To make this exfoliant, you’ll just need about one tablespoon of sugar (20 grams). Hop in the shower and wet your skin. Then, rub the sugar onto the area where you have stretch marks. You should do this via a gentle massage, but make sure it gets your circulation going in that area.
This treatment will help to reduce inflammation in the area where you have stretch marks.
2. Aloe, potato, and egg treatment
- One potato, peeled and sliced
- Aloe vera gel (30 grams)
- One egg white
This simple treatment reduces inflammation in areas with red stretch marks by nourishing the injured skin and stimulating healing with aloe vera.
You’re probably already aware of the fact that aloe vera has a ton of great properties for treating all kinds of skin problems. Reducing the appearance of stretch marks is one of its many benefits.
- Start by removing the pulp inside the aloe vera plant. Place it in a glass bowl and add the egg white.
- Then, soak each potato slice in the mixture and then apply those potato slices to the areas with stretch marks (take a look at your body to figure out how many potato slices you’ll need).
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes and then take a shower.
2. Remedies for white stretch marks
White stretch marks have already scarred. This means they’re more difficult to get rid of
Here are a few remedies for white stretch marks.
Treatment to mitigate white stretch marks
- 50 grams of aloe vera
- 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 drops of vitamin E
This simple treatment is aimed at nourishing and repairing your damaged skin. You need to get your hands on some vitamin E for this treatment to be successful.
You can usually find it at drug stores and natural product stores. It might seem a bit expensive, but vitamin E can be used for many things. For example, you can add a few drops to your nail polish to make your nails stronger or put some in your conditioner to strengthen your hair.
- First of all, you need to get the pulp out of the aloe vera. Use a spoon to remove the clear gel from inside the plant.
- Put it in a bowl and add the olive oil.
- Finally, pour in the three drops of vitamin E and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Once you have a homogeneous mixture, grab a piece of cotton, dip it in the mixture, and massage it onto the area where you have white stretch marks.
You should repeat this process every night for better results. Try it out!