Home Remedies to Reduce Red and White Stretch Marks
Few things are as annoying as stretch marks on your skin. Weight changes or hormonal imbalances are usually the main causes of these marks. How can you get rid of them? Some people turn to plastic surgery, but this costly intervention isn’t a possibility for everyone.
These simple remedies, which can be performed from home, are natural tips that can help mitigate stretch marks. They won’t get rid of them completely – something you should know from the get-go – but they will smooth them out and make them less noticeable. Would you like to know more about these simple tips?
1. Home remedies for red stretch marks
Red stretch marks are new stretch marks. In other words, they are still in the “inflammation” phase. They can show up on your arms, legs, buttocks or stomach, and will almost certainly appear during pregnancy. The inflammation process can last up to a few month as the body sends blood to the affected areas, thus intensifying the appearance of stretch marks.
Over time, these marks end up causing scarring and turning white. Is it possible to get rid of these unpleasant marks? You’ll get the best results if you start treatment right after the stretch marks appear, while they’re still red. It’s worth trying, so check out the following tips on what to do about your stretch marks.
1. Simple sugar exfoliant
This is a really easy one. To make this exfoliant, you’ll just need about one tablespoon of sugar (20 grams). Hop in the shower and wet your skin. Then, rub the sugar into the area where you have stretch marks. You should do this via a gentle massage, but make sure it gets your circulation going in that area. This treatment will help to reduce inflammation in the area where you have stretch marks.
2. Aloe, potato and egg treatment
You will need the following ingredients:
- One potato, peeled and sliced.
- Gel from an aloe vera plant (30 grams).
- One egg white.
This simple treatment is aimed at reducing inflammation in areas with red stretch marks by nourishing the injured skin and stimulating healing with aloe vera. You’re probably already aware of the fact that aloe vera has a ton of great properties for treating all kinds of skin problems, and reducing the appearance of stretch marks is one of its many benefits.
Start by removing the pulp found inside the aloe vera plant. Place it in a glass bowl and add the egg white. Then, soak each slice of potato in the mixture and then apply those potato slices to areas with stretch marks. Take a look at your body to figure out how many potato slices you’ll need. Let them set for about 15 minutes, and then take a shower. This is a very effective treatment.
2. Remedies for white stretch marks
White stretch marks are stretch marks that have already scarred, meaning that they’re more difficult to get rid of. However, you can make them less visible by using these simple remedies. That’s why it’s very important to begin treatment in the early stages, while the stretch marks are still red. Keep that in mind!
Now, we’ll take a look at a few remedies for the white version of stretch marks.
Treatment to mitigate white stretch marks
- 50 grams of aloe vera.
- 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 drops of vitamin E.
How do you prepare this treatment?
- This simple treatment is aimed at nourishing and repairing your damaged skin. You’ll definitely need to get your hands on some vitamin E for this treatment to be successful. You can usually find it at drug stores and natural product stores. It might seem a bit expensive to you, but vitamin E can be used for a number of things. For example, you can add a few drops to your nail polish to make your nails stronger, or put some in your conditioner to strengthen your hair.
- First of all, you need to get the pulp out of the aloe vera. Use a spoon to remove the clear gel from inside the plant. Put it in a bowl and add the olive oil. Finally, pour in the three drops of vitamin E and mix all of the ingredients together. Once you have a uniform mixture, grab a piece of cotton, dip it in the mixture, and massage it into the area where you have white stretch marks.
You should repeat this process every night. Over time, you’ll start to see that your stretch marks are less noticeable. Try it out!