The Soup Recipes That Help You Fight Illness
There's a soup for practically every condition. Discover 14 effective recipes that'll make you get better from a wide range of illnesses. They're both healthy and delicious!
Soup is delicious indeed. It warms us up in wintertime, helps satisfy hunger and is ideal either as an appetizer or as a standalone dish providing us with many nutrients. Below you’ll find out the best medicinal soups for healing all kinds of ailments.
14 Medicinal Soup Recipes
1. To Fight Anemia
- First of all, in a large pot, sauté 1 chopped onion, 1 clove of minced garlic and 3 cups of watercress leaves.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- After that, add 1 precooked and cubed potato and 4 cups of water.
- Let this cook until all the vegetables are tender.
We also recommend: Delicious Baked Sea Bass with Potatoes and Onion
2. For Cleansing
- Heat 4 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Then add 3 stalks of celery cut lengthwise, 2 lettuce leaves, 2 sliced onions and 1/4 head of green cabbage to cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and process the mixture in a blender until the soup has a coarse texture.
3. Diuretic Soup
- Chop 3 onions and fry them in a little oil.
- Then peel and grate 1/2 root of ginger.
- After that, add 2 tomatoes, 1 peeled potato, 1 peeled zucchini and 1 small cabbage–all cut into cubes.
- Add 8 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Season with poppy seeds, turmeric powder, black pepper, 20 basil leaves, as well as a little oregano and tarragon.
- Add 4 cups of water and simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Soup to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and fry 1 onion, chopped very finely.
- After that, add 1 cubed potato and 1 shredded leaf of lettuce.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, and serve with toasted hazelnuts or almonds.
5. For Energy
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot and sauté 1 chopped onion.
- After that, add 3 peeled and sliced beets, 1/2 pumpkin, diced and cubed, as well as 1/4 green cabbage cut into strips.
- Pour 5 cups of water over the vegetables and simmer until they’re tender.
- Season with salt, herbs and a few drops of lemon juice.
You may like: Try This Recipe for Madrid -Style Beef Tripe
6. To Combat Constipation
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauté 2 pounds of washed spinach and 5 stalks of celery until the vegetables are tender.
- After that, add some water and a little vegetable broth.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Mix well.
- Finally, serve with plain yogurt.
7. To Treat Colds and the Flu
- Put 3 chicken breasts in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a simmer.
- After that, reduce the heat to low.
- Add 2 carrots and 2 onions, chopped.
- Continue cooking for 2 to 3 hours, adding water when needed.
- Add 3 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper, as well as dill.
- In order to make this soup thicker in consistency, you can also add pureed vegetables.
8. Soup to Improve Circulation
- Toast 3 tablespoons of unbleached flour in a little olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add 1 cup of water and an equal amount of milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then add 1 teaspoon of salt, as well as 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
9. To Ease Fluid Retention
- Combine 2 tablespoons of flour with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Sauté 1 large onion, chopped, and add 4 cups of water.
- Add 2 chopped tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of yeast, followed by 1 pound of cubed pumpkin.
- Once all the vegetables are tender, strain the mixture and return the broth to the heat.
- Add salt for seasoning.
10. Soup to Fight Fatigue
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet, and sauté 2 chopped onions, 2 carrots and 1 pound of peeled and diced pumpkin.
- Add 1 tomato and 2 full stalks of celery (including the leaves).
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- In a large bowl, combine 6 tablespoons of oatmeal with 2 cups of water.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use sea salt for seasoning.
11. For Cardiovascular Disease (Atherosclerosis)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, and sauté 1 chopped onion for a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of fat-free chicken broth, 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander, and 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then add 1 cup of peeled and sliced apples, as well as 1 cup of cubed parsnips.
- Serve with 1/2 cup of orange or apple juice and 2 tablespoons of nonfat plain yogurt.
12. For Reducing Stress
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil with some broccoli florets.
- After cooking, let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before straining the liquid and drinking it as a broth.
13. Soup to Strengthen the Immune System
- Bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil along with 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic and two grated carrots.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and 15 spinach leaves that have been cut into strips.
- When the vegetables are tender, let the soup sit for a few minutes before serving.
14. Soup for Detox
- In a saucepan, add 2 artichoke hearts and some lemon juice, as well as 14 ounces each of fresh peas and beans.
- Dice 1/2 onion and sauté the vegetables in 20 grams of olive oil with some chopped parsley for a few minutes before adding 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then add 1/2 pound of cooked pasta to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with Parmesan cheese.
We hope you try these great recipes for medicinal soups! They do work!