Delicious Baked Sea Bass with Potatoes and Onion
Although the original recipe uses sea bass, you can use whichever type of fish you would like and prepare it in the same way to have an equally delicious dish.
They say that the best moments are those shared with family. That’s why delicious meals together often stand out. For this reason, we’d like to teach you how to prepare a delicious oven-baked sea bass with potatoes and onions to entertain your family friends. We’re sure that everyone will love it!
Cooking with Sea Bass
In reality, you can choose any type of fish for this recipe. However, for this recipe, we’ve opted for sea bass. Amongst its nutrients we find:
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Vitamin B Complex
- Minerals (potassium, phosphorus)
Sea bass is a white fish that’s highly recommended by nutrition experts for low-fat diets. In addition, it helps reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), controls high blood pressure and prevents cardiovascular disease.
Lastly, this type of fish is ideal for eating and combining with your favorite vegetables. If you bake it, it’s much healthier, since you don’t add such large amounts of oil to prepare it.
Next, let’s learn to cook this exquisite baked sea bass with potatoes and onion.
Baked Sea Bass with Potatoes and Onion
Keep in mind that adding potatoes to any recipe is a healthy and delicious option. In addition, preparing it in the oven helps to improve brain function and digestion, provides vitamin B and can relieve kidney stones.
As for the onions, this vegetable helps reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood, improves circulation, prevents anemia and has purifying properties and antioxidants. Given these benefits, it’s a great idea to combine potatoes and onions with sea bass, don’t you think?
Ingredients for the Sea Bass
- 1 sea bass (1kg, approx.)
- 3 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (45 mL)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
Take a look at this article: How to Prepare Exquisite Baked Fish
Ingredients for the Marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 mL)
- 1 cup white wine (250mL)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (3omL)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15g)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (15g)
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme (8g)
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper (8g)
- Aluminum foil
- 1 tablespoon parsley (15g)
- Plastic wrap
Preparing the Marinade
- Start by cleaning the fish. Remove the guts and bones as best you can.
- Then, you can cut it into fillets or simply make a hole to put the vegetables in.
- Next, place the spices and garlic on a baking sheet and pour the white wine, olive oil and lemon juice over top. Stir a little to mix the ingredients.
- Then, place the fish on the tray and flip it so it can absorb the mixture of juices.
- Lastly, sprinkle fresh parsley over the fish and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 12 hours or overnight.
Don’t miss this: Prepare Fish Au Gratin at Home without an Oven
Preparing the Sea Bass to Bake
- First, peel, wash and cut the potatoes in thin slices.
- Next, julienne the onions (they can also be large pieces) and place them in a bowl with the potatoes.
- Then, remove the sea bass from the refrigerator and drain a small amount of the juice and place it in a small cup. Set this aside for later.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375 F).
- Put everything together on the same baking sheet that you marinated the fish in. Add the potatoes and onion around the fish to give it flavor.
- Before baking, spread the green pepper evenly on top and cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remember that if you didn’t cut the fish into fillets, you should fill it with potatoes, onion, pepper, or other ingredients that you have chosen.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake it. After baking 10 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and pour the remaining marinade over top.
- Lastly, flip until the ingredients are golden brown and the juice has dried a little.
- Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool slightly and serve.
- Enjoy a deliciously baked sea bass with vegetables!