Five Soothing Remedies to Relieve Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Pain
Do you know how to relieve carpal tunnel syndrome naturally?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that develops due to a compression of the median nerve that’s located in the palm of the hand. It can occur in one or both hands, causing symptoms such as weakness, tingling, and pain.
Although the symptoms are initially mild, lack of treatment can worsen the condition. For this reason, we’ve decided to share some soothing remedies that may help relieve carpal tunnel syndrome pain.
Try them out today!
Five Relaxing Remedies to Relieve Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Pain
Treatments to relieve carpal tunnel may vary depending on the severity of the pain. Often, it’s possible to control with non-surgical therapies. However, if your case is more severe, your doctor may consider surgery.
Natural remedies with soothing properties are good options to minimize the symptoms caused by this condition. While they don’t replace medical treatment, they can be a good complement to deal with weakness and pain.
Read on to discover them!
Carpal tunnel syndrome causes inflammation and nerve compression, leading to pain and severe discomfort.
Hydrotherapy has interesting effects on the discomfort produced by carpal tunnel syndrome. Since it improves blood circulation, it minimizes symptoms such as pain and tingling.
What To Do
- We suggest alternating the use of hot and cold water.
- First, dip your hand into a container filled with cold water.
- After three to four minutes, dip your hand into a container filled with hot water.
- Repeat the treatment up to three times a day for greater relief.
2. Clay Poultice
Clay has been used therapeutically for hundreds of years. Due to its anti-inflammatory and re-mineralizing properties, it offers relief for many different conditions. We recommended applying a clay poultice to relieve your carpal tunnel syndrome.
What To Do
- First, mix a couple of tablespoons of clay with warm water and a spoonful of olive oil.
- Make sure the paste is smooth and has a creamy texture. Then, apply it on the affected wrist.
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse.
- If your pain persists, repeat the treatment.
Applying ginger oil topically helps reduce the inflammation carpal tunnel syndrome causes.
The therapeutic applications of ginger are amazing. In fact, it’s one of the most versatile natural remedies that exist. It contains gingerol, which is an anti-inflammatory and analgesic compound that can help relieve the pain caused by carpal tunnel syndrome.
What To Do
- You can reap the benefits of this spice in oils or infusions. If you decide for oil, mix ginger oil with a base oil (either olive or coconut) and gently massage it onto the affected area.
- If you decide to make an infusion, you can either apply it topically or drink it.
- Repeat the treatment until you feel relief.
Don’t miss: Seven Remedies that Relieve Carpal Tunnel Pain
4. Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is a moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and soothing ingredient. Massaging it onto the areas affected by carpal tunnel syndrome can relieve your pain.
In addition, it reactivates circulation and decreases the sensation of stiffness.
What To Do
- First, heat up some avocado oil to a bearable temperature.
- Then, massage the oil onto the affected area, applying some pressure.
- Let your skin absorb the oil without rinsing it and, if you can, cover your wrist with a bandage.
- Do the treatment two to three days in a row until you feel relief.
5. Aloe Vera
You can also use aloe vera gel as a base oil for essential oils with soothing properties to enhance their effects.
The topical application of aloe vera gel helps relieve carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms such as numbness or tingling. Its properties help improve blood flow and minimize inflammation.
What To Do
- First, extract fresh gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Then, gently massage it onto the affected area.
- If you wish, you can combine it with some coconut or avocado oil to enhance its effects.
- Repeat the treatment up to two to three times a day for greater relief.
- If your symptoms persist, do the treatment for two to three more days.
Is your carpal tunnel syndrome affecting your quality of life? Feel free to try the remedies we shared in this article.
If you notice that your symptoms don’t improve or worsen, however, consult your doctor. They may suggest other treatment options.