Fight Nail Fungus with Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
Did you know that nail fungus can be treated with apple cider vinegar and baking soda? Learn how in this article!
There are several remedies that help to fight nail fungus before it causes any other complications. The excessive growth of dermatophytes or yeast can cause this problem.
Nail fungus is usually not very serious, but it can change the color, texture, and shape of the nails. Its main cause of nail fungus is coming in contact with contaminated items, such as dirty floors or footwear.
But it can also be caused by a weak immune system and excessive sweating. Although it may go unnoticed at first, a fungal infection can give nails a yellowish tone within a few days. And this is almost always accompanied by weakening and breakage.
Among these options is an all-natural apple cider vinegar and baking soda remedy. These two anti-fungal ingredients can speed up the recovery process without unwanted side effects.
Next, we’ll tell you all about the benefits of this remedy and how you can easily make it at home.
Apple cider vinegar and baking soda: a natural treatment to fight nail fungus
Apple cider vinegar and baking soda is a natural choice to get rid of nail fungi. This is because this treatment option stops the growth of microorganisms. It also prevents any weakening, yellowing, or dark discoloration of the nail.
While no fungal infection can be cured overnight, using this treatment regularly will keep your nails from breaking.
It’s also very important to maintain good hygiene habits. A good body cleansing routine is crucial for disrupting the environment that the fungus requires to growth.
Apple cider vinegar benefits
Apples ferment to create apple cider vinegar. Because of this process, they release healthy bacteria and yeasts, which give it a particularly acidic flavor. They also produce anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that help protect your body.
- Contains malic acid and acetic acid, two alkaline substances that help to stop yeast infections.
- Regular application disturbs the environment that fungus needs to reproduce, eliminating infections.
- It also contains an interesting amount of bioflavonoids, vitamins, minerals and fibers. Those elements benefit the health of your skin.
Baking soda benefits
Baking soda is a natural product that is used for cooking, home and medicinal purposes.
- Its antiseptic, alkaline and antimycotic properties facilitate the control of various types of internal and external infections.
- Topical use removes dead cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin. It also stops the growth of fungi that infects nails.
- It’s ideal for regulating the pH level of your skin. It also decreases excessive sweating and other conditions that facilitate the development of fungi and bacteria.
- Its brightening properties help to restore the natural color of the nails and decrease that unpleasant yellow or brown tint.
You may also like:
How to prepare the remedy to fight nail fungus
You can make the apple cider vinegar and baking soda remedy in two simple steps:
- First, apply the vinegar directly on the nails.
- Then after several minutes, use baking soda to enhance the anti-fungal treatment.
- 6 cups of water (1.5 liters)
- ½ cups of apple cider vinegar (125 ml)
- 7 ½ tablespoons of baking soda (75 g)
- Heat up some water until it reaches a tolerable temperature for your skin. Then add the apple cider vinegar.
- Dip your feet into the liquid and let them stand there for 15 minutes. Dry them well afterwards.
- Apply the baking soda with gentle exfoliating massages.
- Rub the baking soda directly on your nails. Let it work for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse your feet with warm water and dry them again.
- Repeat the treatment every night to improve the appearance of affected nails.
Remember that even though this method can fight nail fungus, you won’t get results with a single application.
It’s essential to be consistent with the application of this remedy. This will subject the fungi to an acid environment that facilitates their total elimination.