Eggplant Helps Reduce Abdominal Fat
It’s a favorite in the kitchen, but few people know about how you can use eggplant to lose weight.
One of the parts where fat deposits accumulate the most is in the waist for both men and women. It is also one of the areas that can be reduced the quickest because with some dietary tips and changing certain habits, you will notice a huge improvement. In this article, we will explain how eggplant helps reduce abdominal fat, as well as provide some suggestions and recipes to eat it lightly and creatively.
Why have we chosen eggplant to help you lose weight and reduce your waistline?
- Eggplant is very rich in water and fiber, which makes it a very satisfying food. In other words, it fills you up without needing to eat so much of other foods that make you more fat and in turn, don’t satisfy you as much.
- It is low in calories and the body spends more time digesting more calories than it has consumed.
- It is diuretic, which is why it helps eliminate excess fluids from the body. This will be very effective when you feel like you get bloated easily.
- If you suffer from constipation, which is also one of the causes of having a big abdomen, eggplant helps fight it naturally thanks to its fiber content. As a result, your intestines will function better and will therefore not get inflamed, which would cause your waist to get larger.
- Eggplants contain a balanced amount of minerals that help balance the nervous system. This is fundamental to especially prevent anxiety and those sudden hunger attacks that make you eat too much foods that are high in calories, and barely chewing food.
- Eggplant helps reduce abdominal fat because it facilitates the functioning of the liver and gallbladder, which is essential for digesting properly. As a result, you will better assimilate foods and prevent them from turning into the feared reserves.
- Lastly, eggplant also has depurative properties that help eliminate toxins from the body, which is why, in addition to reducing fat accumulations, you will also be getting rid of toxic substances that can be the cause of multiple diseases in the future.
One of the lightest and healthiest ways to benefit from all of the properties consists in preparing eggplant water:
- Wash a medium eggplant, peel it, and cut it into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a dark glass bottle, along with a half liter of water.
- Let soak over night.
- The following morning, add the juice from half a lemon, which will boost its flavor and properties. We can also add a splash of salt water.
Drink this beverage a half hour before your main meals. Repeat this depurative cure once a month.
Discover more: 5 Reasons to Drink Eggplant Water with Lemon
We generally relate battered food with a large amount of fat and calories, but in this case, we propose a delicious and very light way to make simple battered eggplant.
- Put sliced eggplant in water and salt to soak for at least an hour.
- Drain it.
- Put the eggplant slices in slightly salted beaten egg, and then in ground oatmeal or oatmeal flakes, according to if you like a thicker and crunchy slice or finer one. Oats are also a very nutritious grain that also helps you lose weight.
- Put it in the oven with a little bit of high quality olive oil and if you would like, add aromatic spices to it.
- Bake until the eggplant is tender when pierced. They should be very tender inside and have a crunchy batter.
If you have guests, you can also make battered eggplant for those who don’t have to follow a diet. Pair them with tomato and goat cheese.
Try this out: Eggplant Meatballs, a Finger-licking Good Recipe
Images courtesy of NellieMcS and Theresa