Eggplant, Your Weight Loss Ally
There are many weight loss plans out there but the common factor is they all suggest adding eggplant to your diet. The three main sources are the internet, specialists (like doctors and nutritionists), and word of mouth.
This fruit is a favorite in people’s kitchens, be it in salads or as main dishes. However, few people know about how you can use eggplant to lose weight.
This is due to its high fiber content and the fact that 92% of its weight is water.
Eggplant contributes to the health of your organs
The skin and seeds contain fiber and are packed with nutrients. Eating it regularly revitalizes the functions of your organs. Thanks to it, the liver and the gallbladder can optimize their processes.
It can also regulate the cholesterol and triglyceride levels, as the fiber it contains partially blocks fat absorption by the intestine, according to this article published in The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
Likewise, adding it to your diet can also help prevent chronic diseases like atherosclerosis and cardiovascular problems.
Try out these 5 Eggplant Remedies for Your Health
Other health properties of eggplant
Eggplant contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals and has a high water content.
Thus, it’s great for maintaining your ideal weight, not only for looks but for optimal health.
- Eggplant improves circulation thanks of its vitamin E and anthocyanin, an antioxidant that prevents heart disease, according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- It’s a diuretic, which is great if you’re on a diet. Eggplants will help you eliminate retained fluids by promoting urination.
- Eggplants have few calories and a lot of water so they’re a great addition to any healthy diet plan
- It has a favorable effect on hypertension, since it contains almost no sodium.
- In addition to providing a low amount of carbohydrates, eggplant has a low glycemic index and doesn’t negatively impact blood glucose values. For this reason, it’s also recommended for people with diabetes.
- Eggplants help control cholesterol as its fiber partially blocks its absorption at an intestinal level. They remove toxins and prevents your digestion. This contribution of fiber also prevents constipation.
- Furthermore, eggplant prevents anemia and supports your immune system thanks to its content of iron and magnesium.
An eggplant beverage for weight loss
Kickstart your weight loss journey with an eggplant beverage. It’s easy to make! All you really need is consistency. You can drink this juice at any time of the day.
- 2 c. of apple cider vinegar (500 ml.)
- 1 tbsp. of baking soda (9 g.)
- 1 eggplant
- The juice of one lemon, not too ripe
- 4 c. of water (a liter)
- Wash the eggplant with the baking soda and apple cider vinegar in order to remove toxins and pesticides. Rinse well with water.
- Cut the eggplant into thin sheets (at least a quarter inch thick) without removing the skin.
- Add the sheets to the pitcher along with the water and lemon juice.
- Stir with a long spoon and mix well.
Important: Chill overnight, at least, before you drink it. This is because the eggplant needs time to release its nutrients into the water. The lemon juice is important because it enhances the power of the eggplant and gives it a better flavor.
Include eggplant in your weight loss plan
Now that you know about the health properties of eggplant, here’s a simple menu you can add to your diet.
- Eggplant water with lemon and oatmeal
- A piece of fruit, be it an apple or a banana
- A cup of water with eggplant and lemon, always before the meal
- Grilled chicken breast with cooked vegetables
- A salad with spinach, tomatoes, dried nuts, and low-fat cheese
- A cup of eggplant juice with lemon
- A handful of nuts
- A cup of an eggplant-lemon beverage
- A salad with protein. You can make it with lettuce, papaya, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and fish or shredded chicken
You can start your weight loss process with these recipes.
Use eggplant for weight loss within a well-balanced diet
However, remember that you should consult a specialist who’ll recommend a food plan that suits your needs if you want to change your eating style. You’ll surely be able to eat eggplants in any of them.
Add regular physical activity to these recommendations and keep in mind that the process is slow. However, do it well and you’ll be able to sustain it as time goes by.