5 Easy and Complete Recipes to Prepare in a Slow Cooker
If you have a slow cooker at home, then you should know the 5 easiest and most delicious recipes that you can prepare in it. Keep in mind that this cooker is very easy to use and it will make you look like a culinary expert, even if you have little knowledge. How wonderful, right?
Another benefit you will get when cooking in a slow cooker is that you won’t have to spend so much time cooking. You can put several ingredients on the tray at the same time and you will only have to wait for it to cook before serving. You will save time and effort, while your dishes get a very special flavor.
Slow cooker: Easy and complete recipes you’ll love
Without further ado, let’s tell you about some easy recipes that you can prepare in a slow cooker. They’re all delicious and you won’t have to spend a lot of time preparing them. Prepare the ones you like the most and get the most out of your slow cooker!
1. Starters: Provencal meatballs
Let’s start these easy slow cooker recipes with some delicious Provencal meatballs starters. Whether you are cooking for your family or your friends, they will be amazed by this appetizer before the main course.
- 500 grams of minced beef, pork, or a mixture of both
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (10 g)
- 2 teaspoons of Provencal herbs (10 g)
- Sliced bread
- 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs (10 g)
- Ground garlic (to taste)
- Salt, black pepper, and sugar (to taste)
- 400 grams of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste (10 g)
How to make it:
- Beat the egg in a bowl with the mustard, Provencal herbs, ground garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mash the sliced bread with a fork to obtain a paste. Then, mix it with the meat in pieces until you get a well-mixed mass.
- Now, you are going to make the meatballs and put them aside.
- Put in the bottom of the pan the tomatoes, the tomato paste, the other Provencal herbs, the garlic, and the sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Take the meatballs and put them on top of this mixture, cover, and set your cooker on high for two hours.
- To serve, take a meatball and put it on the plate with some sauce.
We think you may be interested in reading this, too: Follow this Gordon Ramsay Recipe for a Perfect Pumpkin Curry
2. Pulled pork
Pulled pork is a delicious and very juicy dish that you can play around with quite a bit. You can prepare this recipe for a regular lunch, accompanied with rice and plantain chips, or as a complement to a delicious hamburger. You choose how to use it!
- 1 boneless pork shoulder
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon of salt (7 g)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ground dry chili (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (20 ml)
- 100 milliliters of apple cider vinegar
- 330 milliliters of coca cola
How to make it:
- Prepare a mixture with all the spices mentioned above, including Worcestershire sauce and apple cider vinegar.
- Take the pork shoulder and smear it with the mixture you have prepared, making sure to surround it on all sides.
- Peel the onions, cut them into pieces of the size you prefer, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Hydrate with the Coca-Cola and then place the pork seasoned with the spice mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it on low for 12 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the recipe rest uncovered for a few minutes to allow the pork to take on more flavor.
- Then, remove the meat and shred it. The remaining sauce should be put through a food processor or blender and then strained.
- Put everything back in the pot to mix the flavors and leave the meat as moist as you like.
3. Arroz con Pollo (chicken with rice)
Arroz con pollo is a tasty dish that usually takes a long time to prepare. However, with the help of the slow cooker, you can relax and do other things while everything is being prepared. It won’t take you more than 30 minutes to organize everything, because the rest will be done by your slow cooker.
- 1 cup and a half of uncooked rice (300 grams)
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or your preference (15 ml)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Red chili powder to your liking
- 1 tablespoon of chicken broth (10 g)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (120 g)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 cup of peas, peas, or peas (200 g)
- Chopped olives (to taste)
How to make it:
- Cook the rice in your slow cooker with the measure of oil you usually use.
- Stir so that the oil is well mixed into the rice.
- Then, add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili, broth, and tomatoes; mix everything very well.
- Take the chicken strips and place them on top of the mixture you just made.
- Cover and cook in your slow cooker. You can do it for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- The peas and olives are put in at the end, just 15 minutes before serving.
4. Veal stew with red wine
Stews require slow cooking to better preserve the flavors and nutrients of the food. Therefore, it is a good idea to prepare them in this type of pot. We tell you how to make a veal stew with red wine.
- 500 grams of veal cut into squares
- 1 onion and 1 leek
- 1 tomato
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 meat stock cube
- 150 milliliters of red wine
- 1 spoonful of cornstarch or corn starch (10 g)
How to make it:
- Take the onions, remove the peel, and cut them in half, then cut them into thin strips.
- Wash the leek and use only the white part; cut it in two, then chop it into pieces.
- Now, rinse the carrots and cut them into thin slices. Also, cut the tomato into cubes.
- Place all these ingredients in the base of the slow cooker, leaving the onion as the base.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and place the meat on top.
- Then sprinkle the stock cube on top and water with the red wine.
- Cover and let it cook for six hours on low heat.
- To finish, stir the whole recipe to better incorporate everything.
- Pour the cornstarch on top and program the slow cooker for another hour on high.
- Serve and enjoy. You can use white rice or mashed potatoes as a garnish.
Like this article? You may also like to read: 5 Delicious Recipes You Can Make with a Can of Corn
5. Arroz con leche for dessert
Close the evening with a delicious dessert! The best thing about preparing it at home is that you can limit the addition of sugar. We’ll tell you how to make rice pudding here.
Remember that the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) recommends limiting sugar consumption to about six teaspoons per day, in a 2000-calorie diet.
- 1100 milliliters of whole milk
- 125 grams of rice
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Orange or lemon peel
- 100 grams of sugar
- Remove the orange or lemon peel, being careful not to take the white part; otherwise, the recipe will be bitter.
- Place the milk in the pot of the slow cooker with the cinnamon and the citrus peel.
- Cover the pot and set it on high for 1 hour.
- Then add the rice, stir, and cover for another hour at the same temperature.
- Without turning off, add the sugar and mix very well, then add more milk.
- Let it cook for another hour.
- Wait for it to cool and serve. You can also consume it as hot as you wish.
Which complete and easy recipe will you make in your slow cooker?
Don’t miss out on these delicious recipes to get the most out of your slow cooker. Although each dish takes time, the important thing is that you can program your slow cooker so that everything is done without your supervision while taking advantage of your saved time for other things.
Delight yourself by eating healthy and taking advantage of the nutrients of each of the ingredients!It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Mitchell, C. (2015, marzo 4). OPS/OMS. Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization. https://www3.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10514:2015-paho-and-who-urge-countries-to-reduce-sugar-consumption&Itemid=0&lang=es
- Nieto, C. (2014) Técnicas de cocción: sabor, color, textura y nutrientes a buen recaudo. Farmacia Profesional.