Drinking Grapefruit Juice after Meals can Help You Lose Weight
Being about 90% water, grapefruits help improve our metabolism and facilitate weight loss. However, we must combine its consumption with a reduced-calorie diet.
Grapefruit is a delicious and healthy citrus fruit that has become popular in the last few years due to its natural slimming properties and health benefits. It’s rich in antioxidants and contain antibacterial properties.
This citrus fruit provides a significant source of vitamins A, B, C, D, and E. It also contains minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper and iron.
In an effort to lose weight, people look for ways to burn fat and complement their diets to lose these extra pounds.
In today’s article we’ll tell you how grapefruit can help you lose weight and quickly see good results. Are you ready to learn how grapefruit and grapefruit juice can help you lose weight?
Grapefruits are naturally “fat-burning”
Various studies have found that regular consumption of grapefruit juice is an excellent way to stimulate fat burning and help lose weight. However, it’s important to complement the consumption of grapefruit juice with a healthy diet and exercise.
The weight loss power of grapefruit is mainly due to its high content of potassium and enzymes. These are well known for their ability to speed up the elimination of fat.
Grapefruit is made up of 90% water, which helps improve your metabolism so you lose weight more easily.
In weight loss diets it’s essential to reduce your caloric intake and lower your salt intake as well. One grapefruit serving only has 74 calories, and it’s very low in salt while being rich in potassium.
Discover: 10 fruits that are rich in potassium
Other important benefits of grapefruit juice
In addition to assisting with our weight loss diet, grapefruit also has other important benefits that are worth keeping in mind.
- Their properties help to combat problems with constipation and diseases of the urinary system.
- Their intense aroma is used in the production of essential oils for aromatherapy.
- Grapefruits contain pectin, which helps to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in our body.
- They contain lycopenes which stimulate the elimination of toxins and all types of substances that are dangerous to the body.
- The consumption of grapefruit juice is ideal for persons who suffer from insomnia.
- The high content of vitamin C strengthens your immunological system to prevent colds, arthritis and other inflammatory processes.
- The grapefruit pectin helps to regulate metabolism and stimulate the burning of fat.
- The frequent consumption of grapefruit could help you prevent different types of cancers, since they contain a component called naringenin.
Find out more: How the fast metabolism diet works
How to lose weight with grapefruit
Has grapefruit grabbed your attention for weight loss? Follow these tips to take advantage of their many benefits.
The first option is to consume half of a grapefruit three times a day, before each main meal. This method is ideal to burn fat and lose weight, because it helps you feel full.
The second option is to prepare a glass of fresh grapefruit juice. This will help you to lose weight easily without making any sacrifices. Mix the grapefruit pulp with a teaspoon of honey in the blender. Drink this juice about 20 minutes before eating your main meals.
You can also drink grapefruit juice to prevent hypertension and heart disease.
When grapefruit consumption is not recommended
The consumption of grapefruit is not recommended if you are taking certain medicines. These include antihistamines, analgesics, immunosuppressants and medicines to fight impotence, among others.
Grapefruit can inhibit their effects or in some cases even increase them. That’s why it’s very important to consult your doctor before starting a diet with grapefruit.
In addition to this, grapefruit can trigger stomach acid production so anyone who is susceptible to this problem should avoid it.