A Recipe for Chicken Breast and Fruit Gastrique
If you want to break out of your everyday culinary routine and enjoy a delicious dish that's easy to prepare, then we have the recipe for you.
The following chicken breast with fruit sauce recipe tastes really great and is a dish both adults and children will enjoy. It’s very versatile and can look very colorful, depending on the fruits you decide to use.
This exquisite but simple dish is high in nutrients and protein, and low in fat. According to an article published in Food & Nutrition Research, protein is one of the healthiest and most popular white meats.
It’s a rich source of minerals such as phosphorus and selenium. It also contains a lot of retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, lycopene, and Vitamin A.
Fruit sauce goes great with chicken, not only giving it a wonderfully rich flavor but also helping to soften the meat. Plus, as highlighted in a study published by Advances in Nutrition, fruits provide many nutrients, such as antioxidants.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following:
However, you can also add other fruits, according to your own personal taste. Remember, the aim of this recipe is to let your creative juices flow, make something new, and enjoy good, healthy food.
Chicken breast with fruit sauce
This type of sauce is great for giving your dish a touch of color. As you can imagine, the secret is to cook with very fresh ingredients and make sure to time everything perfectly.
The fruit sauce is an ingredient that can make people believe they’re eating a really complex meal, when in fact they’re enjoying a dish that’s really easy to cook.
This chicken breast recipe works great with a garnish (either rice, potatoes, or salad) or in wheat flour tortillas to make burritos.
- 1 pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 c. of chopped pineapple
- ½ c. of wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ a jalapeño, cored and finely chopped
- ½ tbsp. of finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium-sized mango, peeled, cored, and cut into pieces
Learn to make these Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce
- Firstly, take a cutting board and a fine knife to peel and cut all the fruit. Secondly, don’t forget to take out the seeds and set them to one side.
- Once you’re done, put all the fruit in a container (preferably glass) and store it in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours. This step is essential for allowing the taste of the fruits blends together.
- While you’re waiting for the fruits to chill, you can cook the chicken breast. Then, put it on a plate and season it with the jalapeño, half a tablespoon of onion, and a pinch of salt.
- So, the idea is to contrast the sweet flavors of the fruit with the spicy chili and the savory taste of salt. Once you’re done seasoning your chicken breast, place a frying pan over low heat.
- Now your chicken is nicely seasoned, you can go on to cook it (either in a pan or under the grill) using a small amount of olive oil to stop it from sticking to the pan. This will help keep your fat and calorie intake to a minimum.
- Once it’s cooked, remove your chicken breast from the pan, place it on a separate dish, and cover it with a lid. Then, in a separate pan, add the wine vinegar and teaspoon of sugar, and leave to simmer on low heat. Keep in mind that this will form the base of your fruit sauce, known as a “gastrique.“
- Take the chopped fruit out of the refrigerator and put them in the pot with your sauce. Mix thoroughly and then pour the sauce over the chicken breast.
- Finally, decorate your dish with some chopped parsley and add two tablespoons of lemon juice. This will give it a very sophisticated sour note.
- You can also add ½ a cup of chopped roasted apple to make it sweeter
This is a really healthy way to enjoy these wonderful ingredients, and the final result will be a delight for all the family. So, are you ready to give this dish a go?