Prune, Chia and Apple Smoothie to Regulate Your Intestine
Many people need to regulate their intestines to prevent problems such as constipation, poor intestinal absorption, frequent diarrhea, or if you’re recovery from a gastrointestinal disease.
The best way to do this is by having a proper diet and good natural supplements. In this article, you can find out how to make a delicious smoothie made from prunes, chia seeds, and apple that are good for your intestines.
Regulating Your Intestines is Important
Your intestines are an organ that need to function well in order for you to be healthy and have a good quality of life. In fact, chronic illnesses that affect this organ can be the origin of many long-term medical conditions. Therefore, you should look for efficient intestine treatments, as well as having a balanced diet.
In a healthy diet, you shouldn’t forget fresh foods that are high in natural fiber:
- Whole grains
- Tree nuts
In addition to these main ingredients, you should moderately add other foods and always have them go along with these recipes.
Read this article too:
There are three foods that are very beneficial to regulate your intestines:
The good nutritional values of prunes come in small quantities, which is why they’re a super-food you can eat daily because they:
- Fight constipation thanks to their high amount of fiber.
- Relieve some intestinal problems, such as hemorrhoids or diverticula.
- Have high antioxidant properties that protect you from premature aging and free radicals.
- Are rich in natural sugars and provide lots of energy.
- Reduce blood pressure.
- Prevent osteoporosis thanks to their high mineral content.
- Help you lose inches around your waist.
- Prevent anemia because they’re rich in iron.
Chia seeds are a really healthy medicinal food. If you soak them, the seeds release a viscous substance called mucilage, a type of soluble fiber. They are an excellent remedy to clean and regulate your intestines.
Additionally, they have other healthy properties that:
- Reduce cholesterol levels and blood sugar.
- Are a great source of vegetable protein, which increases your energy levels and stamina.
- Have a highly satisfying effect that helps you eat less, if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Are a great source of antioxidants.
- Are a great source of assimilable calcium, a mineral that strengthens your teeth and bones.
Apples are very healthy fruits that are great for intestinal function, due to being loaded with pectin. Their regulatory function is just as effective for both constipation and diarrhea. Likewise, it improves your overall digestive function. Therefore, that’s why — just as the common saying goes — an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Additionally, they have other properties that:
- Cleanse your body to remove toxins.
- Alkalize your body.
- Reduce cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Prevent aging.
- Keep your teeth and gums clean.
- Reduce the uric acid in your body.
Prune, Chia and Apple Smoothie
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 4 prunes
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (14 g)
- 1 organic apple with the skin
It is a good idea to peel the skin from the apple if it’s organic, in order to prevent eating dangerous pesticides. On the other hand, if the apple is organic, the peel will provide additional fiber.
To prepare this smoothie, follow these steps:
- Soak the prunes and chia seeds in a glass of water overnight.
- The following morning, pit the prunes and blend them.
- Add the apple, without any seeds, and blend it for 1 minute.
- Even though the apple and prunes give the smoothie a natural sweetness, if you want, you can sweeten it with stevia or natural, raw honey.
How to Drink It
Although you can drink this smoothie at any time of the day, it is best for you to drink them in the morning in order for you to regulate your intestines. Drink it as soon as you wake up and at least a half hour before breakfast. If you want to use it as a treatment, you can drink it daily for a couple of weeks.