How to Tone Your Neck and Reduce a Double Chin
Check out the following exercises and tips to help naturally reduce a double chin and tone your neck.
A double chin is the accumulation of fat underneath the chin, or the flaccid skin left behind when someone gains and loses weight continuously.
Most consider it to be an aesthetic problem that can sometimes lower one’s self-esteem.
But it’s also important to keep in mind that its presence is a cardiometabolic risk factor not to be ignored.
That’s why it’s fundamental to change your lifestyle and adopt healthy habits that will keep your weight under control.
Exercises and Tips to Reduce a Double Chin and Tone Your Neck
Both the face and neck are composed of many muscles that provide firmness to the skin that covers them.
These prevent the early appearance of wrinkles and reduce the buildup of fat in the chin area.
However, most people ignore the fact that you must exercise them consistently just like other muscles to keep them strong.
And the skin needs additional nutrition to stay elastic, firm and toned.
With this in mind, we’ve put together a simple routine and two key recommendations so you’ll be able to achieve this goal.
Exercise No. 1
- While standing up, with your back straight and mouth closed, make circular movements with the tongue against your upper palate.
- Do 10 repetitions 3 times a day, every day.
Exercise No. 2
- Sit in a comfortable place with your back straight and as relaxed as possible.
- Next, pronounce the vowels in an exaggerated manner, opening your mouth as much as possible.
- Do 10 repetitions, two or three times a day.
Exercise No. 3
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your back straight and arms crossed.
- Stretch your neck forward, and once you’ve reached the furthest point, turn left or right with slow movements.
- Keep the posture for two seconds, then return to the original position and repeat the same movement towards the other side.
- Do 10 repetitions every day.
Exercise No. 4
- Tense the neck muscles as much as possible and try to frown.
- Repeat 5 times, two or three times a day.
Exercise No. 5
- Buy your favorite chewing gum and use it to work your neck and face muscles.
- Chew constantly in an exaggerated way for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat the exercise two or three times a day.
Hydration to Tone Your Neck
To tone your neck, it’s fundamental to increase your water intake and use moisturizing products.
Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day to prevent dehydration and improve oxygenation of the skin all over your body.
Applying a moisturizing cream with firming properties reduces flaccid skin in the neck area and helps reduce double chin.
Wheat Germ Oil Massages
A wheat germ oil massage is useful for firming the skin that causes double chin.
This product has a high concentration of vitamin E, a nutrient that hydrates, tones and firms up the dermis.
Massage from the chin towards the lower part of the neck while softly pressing with your fingertips.
Repeat every day in the morning and before going to bed.
We recommend reading: 9 Things That Happen In Your Brain When You Exercise
Apple and Beet Juice
Regularly drinking this natural juice helps eliminate toxins and fluid retention, factors that may lead to a double chin.
It’s low in calories, rich in antioxidants and has a filling effect that helps control the urge to eat more.
- 2 apples
- 1 half of a beet
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- Place the apples and the beet in a juicer.
- Pour both juices in a blender and blend with half a glass of water.
- Drink before breakfast at least three times a week.
Remember that all of these recommendations can help achieve good results only when practiced consistently. Effects aren’t immediate and may vary from person to person.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Health risks of being overweight. (2012, December)
- Konda, D., & Thappa, D. M. (2013). Mesotherapy: What is new? Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, 79(1), 127-134
- Lupkin, S. (2015, April 29). FDA approves double-chin eliminator injection, Kybella