Air Fryer Cheesecake Recipe: Easy and Tasty
With this recipe for an air fryer cheesecake, you’ll get exquisite results with few ingredients, and it’ll look and taste great! It’s a dish that can be served as a dessert, although it also goes well with a coffee or a mid-afternoon tea. We’re going to show you how to make it step by step to get the most out of it.
Before starting, remember to keep a watch on how many sweet dishes you consume. These usually contain large amounts of simple sugars. If they’re consumed daily, they could create certain stress at the pancreatic level that could end up increasing the risk of developing metabolic pathologies. However, if they’re included in the diet on a regular basis, there’s no problem.
Ingredients for air fryer cheesecake
If you want to prepare an exquisite air fryer cheesecake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 85 grams (3 oz) of salted butter
- 140 grams (5 oz) of digestive biscuits
- 680 grams (24 oz) of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams (14 oz) of condensed milk
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Strawberry jam
- Fresh strawberries
- Line a cake pan with baking paper and then grease it with butter. It’s important to grease the edges to facilitate unmolding.
- To continue, crush the cookies in a bowl and mix them with the butter at room temperature. The result should be a coarse flour with which you can form the base of the cake. Place the mixture in the mold and press well to compact it.
- Now it’s time to start preparing the filling for the cake. It’s good to have a mixer, but you can also mix it in a bowl with a kitchen whisk. Beat the cream cheese well until you get a creamy, smooth texture.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue the beating process.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. After a few minutes of beating, you’ll get a completely smooth and creamy filling.
- Place the filling in the tart pan and place it in the basket of the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer to 150 degrees Celsius (300 Fahrenheit) and cook for 25-40 minutes, depending on the model. It should be lightly browned on the surface.
- Remove the pan from the fryer and let it rest for an hour at room temperature.
- Then put the cake in the refrigerator for another 6 hours.
- After this time, it can be taken out of the mold.
- Place sliced strawberries on top and cover with a little jam.
Another great recipe: No-Bake Piña Colada Cheesecake
The benefits of cheesecake
Although cheesecake contains high amounts of simple sugars, it also provides a number of essential nutrients. For example, it has high biological value proteins from cheese and eggs. These elements have been shown to be necessary to prevent the development of complex pathologies such as sarcopenia.
Moreover, cheesecake is a source of calcium, a fundamental mineral for bones, as evidenced by research published in the journal Nutrients. It’s important to cover the daily requirement of calcium and ensure that vitamin D levels are within optimal ranges. In this way, a correct fixation of calcium in the bone tissue will take place.
However, it should be noted that people who have developed a metabolic illness should greatly moderate their intake of sweets or foods with simple sugars. This is confirmed by a study published in the journal Advances in Nutrition.
Otherwise, the problem could progress, making it difficult to manage. It will be crucial to put certain dietary mechanisms in place to avoid major problems.
You may also be interested in: Creamy Cheesecake with Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Prepare cheesecake in an air fryer
As you have seen, it’s easy to prepare an exquisite cheesecake in an air fryer. You don’t need many ingredients or much time to achieve fabulous results both in taste and presentation. It will be in no way inferior to traditional oven options. Of course, it’s a dish that should be eaten in moderation, as it provides many simple carbohydrates that can affect blood sugar levels.
Finally, remember to put a special emphasis on the consumption of fermented dairy products as a dessert on a regular basis. These foods contain probiotic microorganisms, elements that improve the health and functioning of the digestive tract. Fruit is also a good option, with quality vitamins and antioxidants.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Naseeb, M. A., & Volpe, S. L. (2017). Protein and exercise in the prevention of sarcopenia and aging. Nutrition research (New York, N.Y.), 40, 1–20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nutres.2017.01.001
- Vannucci, L., Fossi, C., Quattrini, S., Guasti, L., Pampaloni, B., Gronchi, G., Giusti, F., Romagnoli, C., Cianferotti, L., Marcucci, G., & Brandi, M. L. (2018). Calcium Intake in Bone Health: A Focus on Calcium-Rich Mineral Waters. Nutrients, 10(12), 1930. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10121930
- Johnson, R. J., Sánchez-Lozada, L. G., Andrews, P., & Lanaspa, M. A. (2017). Perspective: A Historical and Scientific Perspective of Sugar and Its Relation with Obesity and Diabetes. Advances in nutrition (Bethesda, Md.), 8(3), 412–422. https://doi.org/10.3945/an.116.014654