No-Bake Piña Colada Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a very popular dessert due to its mild flavor and texture. In this article, we’ll propose an innovative variation of the traditional recipe that we’re sure will surprise your entire family! Here, learn how to make a no-bake piña colada cheesecake.
One of the things we like about this recipe, besides its amazing flavor, is that it’s so easy to make that you don’t even have to turn on the oven! This is perfect during the hot summer days. We hope you enjoy it!
No-bake piña colada cheesecake
No-bake piña colada cheesecake is an easy to make dessert.
The recipe that we share with you below isn’t exactly light. However, it’s quite delicious. Of course, you can adapt it to make it suitable for celiacs or for the diet you’re following. At the end of the article, we’ll give you some ideas to do so.
Our recipe includes a slight touch of alcohol, through the inclusion of a tablespoon of rum in the preparation. If you want a dessert suitable for children, you can just skip this ingredient, as it won’t affect the recipe at all.
For the crust (6-inch baking tray):
- 2 packages of graham crackers or similar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter (125 ml)
For the filling:
- 250 grams of cream cheese
- 200 ml of condensed milk
- 150 ml of coconut yogurt
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 200 grams of canned pineapple (diced)
- 14 grams of unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of white rum (optional)
Note: If you don’t like coconut yogurt, you can use plain yogurt instead.
For the decoration:
- Pineapple slices (optional)
Preparation of the no-bake piña colada cheesecake
You can decorate the cheesecake with pineapple slices or pineapple cubes, whichever you prefer!
- First, prepare a 6-inch baking pan with a removable bottom. To do this, butter it up well. You can also line it with waxed paper if you prefer.
- Then, crush the graham crackers and mix them with the melted butter. This mixture is the crust of your no-bake cheesecake.
- Later, in a bowl, whisk the cream cheese until you soften it and it has a soft and fluffy texture.
- Add the yogurt and condensed milk. Whisk again.
- Then, add the pineapple cubes and rum into the yogurt, cream cheese, and condensed milk. Set aside.
- Beat the whipping cream until it peaks. It must have good consistency before mixing with the rest of the filling.
- Pour the whipping cream over the filling you had set aside and fold it into the mixture.
- Follow the recommendations on the gelatin package to hydrate it and then add it to the mixture. Remember to fold the gelatin into the mixture to ensure the filling doesn’t lose air.
- Then, pour the filling on the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Finally, garnish with pineapple slices and serve.
No-bake piña colada cheesecake for celiacs
Did you know that it’s possible to make a delicious no bake cheesecake for celiacs? All you have to do is replace the basic ingredients with gluten-free alternatives.
You can adapt the above recipe so people with celiac disease can also enjoy the unmistakable taste of piña colada. To do this, choose cookies that are suitable for celiacs and moisten them with water. Voilá, your crust is done!
For the filling, you’ll need:
- 1/2 kg of cream cheese without wheat, oat, barley, and rye
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk (30 g)
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch (7 g)
- Crushed or diced pineapple (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of rum
- First, mix all the filling ingredients until you get a smooth and smooth cream.
- Then, pour over the crust.
- Finally, refrigerate for at least two hours and enjoy.
Before you go, don’t miss: How to Make a Blueberry Cheesecake
- You can use a thin, Swiss roll-style cake for the cheesecake crust if you prefer a spongier cake.
- If you don’t like cakes with fruit pieces, you can crush the pineapple and incorporate it pureed into the filling.
- Do you have trouble whipping the cream? Here’s our trick. Place the cream in the freezer for 10 minutes before whipping it. This way, it’ll have a better consistency. If you still don’t manage to whip it properly, you can add one or two tablespoons of sugar to help the peaks form.
- To reduce the recipe’s caloric intake, you can replace the graham crackers with low-calorie crackers and moisten them with water. Also, replace the cream cheese with a low-calorie Philadelphia white cheese. Moreover, avoid adding condensed milk (because it’s rich in sugar) and replace it with yogurt.
What did you think of our no-bake piña colada cheesecake? It’s simply delicious! Although it takes some time to cool, it’s very easy to do so. Make it today!