5 Reasons to Add Eggplant to Your Dinner
We’ve got a simple and very healthy idea for you. Starting today, add eggplant to your meals and enjoy its health benefits.
You probably know that the calorie content of this vegetable is low compared to other foods. This is one of the best reasons to make a habit of eating it for your last meal of the day.
What your body needs at night isn’t an energy boost. Instead, it demands a low-calorie food will help you detoxify and also take care of your liver.
Don’t forget that this organ performs vital functions during the night.
Below we’ll give 5 good reasons to add eggplant to your diet. Aside from its health benefits, there are thousands of great ways to cook eggplant and it’s a delicious vegetable.
1. Eggplant helps control cholesterol levels
When you’re diagnosed with high cholesterol you may not know where to start with a healthy lifestyle. The doctor provides you with a list of allowed foods and prohibited ingredients. Still, you may always feel like you can’t eat what you like the most.
This just means you need to use your imagination, to spend more time learning the art of cooking, and choose the right foods.
If you eat eggplant for dinner, it may have a positive effect on your bad cholesterol levels.
- It’s not enough for a dinner just to be light – it should also be healthy and nutritious.
- High-calorie foods usually elevate your LDL cholesterol levels, which is dangerous.
- One way to keep this from happening is to eat more vegetables. Eggplant can also help you drop some pounds, which is another big plus.
- The phenolic compounds in eggplant, along with chlorogenic acid, help lower levels of bad cholesterol (LDL).
2. Eggplant for dinner can help you feel full
The dietary fiber in eggplant can help you improve digestion and lose weight. Thanks to these compounds we can feel full with very few calories. It’s magical.
Also, one of the benefits of these vegetables is their power to prevent constipation. In fact, there is nothing like eggplant for dinner that will allow you to go to the bathroom with complete ease the morning after.
3. Nightly heart care
Eggplant is a total natural wonder for your heart. Its fiber content, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and phytonutrients are great allies for a healthy heart.
- All foods that contain flavonoids are good against heart disease. The antioxidants in eggplants help you reduce your blood pressure and protect you from free radicals.
- After a stressful day full of rushing and junk food due to a lack of time, there are few things as good for your body as a healthy recipe based on eggplant.
4. The wonderful cleansing effects of eggplant
We have all had those days when we feel bloated. Your skin tone may be paler and you may feel much more tired and sluggish.
Also discover 5 tips to lose weight and keep it off
Optimizing your liver function can help you deal with toxins, and there is nothing better than drinking a little more water and eating more eggplant.
- The detoxifying properties of this vegetable lets us cleanse our bodies and stop retaining liquids.
- Remember, eggplants contain 92% water.
5. They may help keep cognitive abilities in good shape
Eggplants contain a compound called nasunin. This is a kind of of anthocyanin that works as a powerful antioxidant capable of protecting the brain’s cellular membranes against free radicals.
Also learn about 5 foods that help your memory
Another fact to keep in mind about antioxidants is that they prevent inflammation and promote blood flow to the brain.
To sum it all up: eggplant is a great addition to your dinner. Combine them with other light and healthy foods. Baked eggplant with a little lemon and garlic are great, for example.
Eggplant juice is also a good option that helps cleanse the body. Choose the recipe you like the most and enjoy it with the last meal of the day.
It’ll be worth it.It might interest you...