Weight loss is something that goes beyond your physical being – a balance is needed to promote good health and prevent disease.
In our modern sedentary and unhealthy world, thousands of people fight obesity and being overweight every day, conditions that carry many other risks as well.
Burning fat and losing weight isn’t something that you can accomplish overnight and if you don’t put in the effort you won’t see any results.
Some tips to lose weight include the elimination of certain foods from your diet that impede progress in addition to adopting a regular exercise routine and changing other habits that play an essential role in achieving your goal to lose weight and keep it off.
Everyone wants to do this, but few can manage it properly. That’s why in today’s article we want to share five key tips that will help you achieve and maintain your ideal weight once and for all.
List of Tips to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
1. Take a good look at your carbohydrate intakeCarbohydrates exist in all foods to some degree, and it’s important that you monitor their intake in order to lose weight.
One of the best ways to take control is to choose foods based on their glycemic index (GI), to help reduce the formation of fatty tissue.
Trying a variety of foods will also help keep you from becoming bored of always eating the same things.
Want to know more? Read: The best way to drink beer
2. Don’t fall for “miracle diets”
Lose pounds and pounds in just a few days? Sure, that might be possible, but not without a lot of pain and effort. Of the myriad of tips to lose weight the prevalence of quick short-cuts continues to grow. The problem is that these “miracle diets” expose you to multiple risks and a lot of times only have temporary results.
Let us explain. These kinds of “meal plans” can create dangerous rebound effects by not meeting your body’s basic nutritional requirements for optimum function.
In addition to that, once you’ve finished the diet it’s likely that those feelings of anxiety and hunger will return, causing you to consume even more calories than before.
That’s why it’s best to pursue a patient weight loss course by adopting a balanced and healthy diet, like the Mediterranean diet.
3. Eat more healthy fatsMaybe you think that in order to achieve your weight loss goals you have to eliminate all fats from your diet, because they’re typically so high in calories.
But you should keep in mind that there are plenty of healthy fats – like unsaturated fats – that your body needs to function optimally.
Accordingly, it’s a good idea to eliminate red meat, sausage, and baked goods that are high in saturated fats and which “poison” your body.
Instead, one of the better tips to lose weight and keep it off is to try increasing your consumption of omega-3 fatty acids that are found in olive oil, oily fish, nuts, and seeds.
4. Get exercise every day
So you don’t have time for the gym? That’s not an excuse for skipping your daily exercise, because you can even go for a half hour walk or do some other activity to maintain this excellent habit. All lists of tips to lose weight include at least some daily activity.
Physical activity accelerates the heart rate, improves your metabolism, and is one of the most effective ways to reduce body fat while building muscle mass.
Please read: Get better sleep with these 5 dinners
5. Eat a healthy breakfastIf you’re in a rush in the morning, or don’t have time to cook, you might find the perfect excuses for skipping a healthy breakfast.
But not many people know that this is perhaps the most important meal of the day when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight and having energy.
So drop your bad habit of drinking a cup of coffee or tea, and take the extra time to make a fulfilling breakfast.
Ideally, your first meal of the day should include:
- Calories: between 20 to 25% of your daily intake
- Carbohydrates: between 50 to 60% of your breakfast calories should be from carbohydrates
- Protein: choose high quality proteins like milk, eggs, or lean meats
- Fat: fat should make up 25% of the caloric intake of your breakfast through grains, dairy products, or eggs
- Vitamins and minerals: those that are present in fruits and vegetables, which you can consume raw, as a juice, or in a smoothie.