Why You Should Take Milk Thistle After Christmas
The month of January, is an ideal time to balance food and drink excesses from the holiday festivities. This way, you can start the year off with a natural remedy that facilitates the cleansing of your liver, like milk thistle.
Discover the medicinal properties of this plant that promote liver regeneration and balance your digestive system.
Eating and drinking too much always take it toll on your body. In the short term, it causes digestive discomfort, swelling, heavy feeling, tiredness, or irritability.
However, the long-term consequences are often severe if you gorge constantly because this can cause chronic disorders. These diseases worsen your quality of life and make you dependent on treatments or medication.
After Christmas is a perfect time to compensate for excesses following a good diet and trying out appropriate natural remedies.
We recommend that you read: Surprising Health Benefits of Coca Leaf Infusion
Two Detoxes Per Year
If you want to stay healthy and toxin-free, you should detox your body two to three times a year.
- In general, the best times to do so are during seasonal changes or when you feel the need to improve some disorders, lose weight, or improve your overall health.
- There are many types of detox cures that are based on plants and foods with detoxifying properties.
- Their function is to help the liver, kidneys, lungs, or intestine function to eliminate these toxic substances from our body.
In this article, we’re going to talk about milk thistle, a medicinal plant with purifying properties that’s an excellent remedy that will help you recover after the holidays.
Milk thistle, also known as Mary thistle or holy thistle (silymarin), is a medicinal plant that’s been used for over 2000 years. It’s native to Mediterranean countries and Asia, as well as India and Siberia.
Silymarin, its active ingredient, is extracted from its seeds. This extract is sold today as a supplement to enhance the healing virtues of this plant.
Silymarin is rich in flavonolignans and stands out because of its detoxifying properties. Plus, it also helps promote the regeneration of liver tissue.
Does Milk Thistle Regenerate the Liver?
Milk thistle stands out above the rest because its able to regenerate the liver, the only organ that can do so in a short time.
This is critical to your health, especially if you suffer from liver disease.
This is a vital organ, and yet it’s also one of the organs that most suffers from the consequences of many factors, such as pollution, stress, poor diet, harmful habits, medication, etc.
Milk thistle has the following health benefits. It:
- Is effective in cases of lithiasis (kidney and gallbladder stones).
- Has powerful natural anti-inflammatory effects.
- Is a great antioxidant that protects you from the damage that free radicals cause.
- Protects your cardiovascular health and reduces high cholesterol levels.
- Fights colds and the flu.
- Reduces blood sugar levels. It’s very beneficial in cases of type 2 diabetes.
- Relieves headaches and menstrual discomfort.
- Improves kidney function in cases of renal failure.
- Prevents constipation.
- Increases breast milk production during lactation.
- Prevents liver damage caused by medications, antibiotics, or anti-inflammatory drugs.
How To Take Milk Thistle
You can take milk thistle for medicinal purposes in different ways:
- Milk thistle extract,
- Concentrated silymarin,
- An infusion made with milk thistle seeds.
Also, you can find milk thistle combined with other ingredients that also have detox properties, such as:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice that is very beneficial for liver function.
- Dandelion eliminates toxins that accumulate in the kidneys and liver.
- Boldo takes care of the liver and gallbladder and improves digestion.
- Burdock detoxifies the body, improves kidney health, and cleanses impurities from the skin.
We recommend you always consult with a health professional before starting any treatment.It might interest you...