Perhaps you’ve heard someone talk about eating garlic each morning. You probably thought it was a crazy idea. However, garlic is more than just for cooking and is actually a fantastic for our well-being.
In this article, we’re going to reveal the health benefits of garlic.
Garlic has been used in the making of natural remedies since antiquity.
Its diverse properties have meant that it’s been considered for soothing any type of pain, inflammation, and even chronic illnesses.
Do you avoid it because of the smell? The smell may be a disadvantage, but the advantages of eating it are many!
The Properties of Garlic
1. It contains allicin, and thus innumerable medicinal benefits
When crushing, peeling, chopping, or chewing a clove of garlic, its distinctive smell comes to mind. But with that smell comes a small amount of sulphur, which is known as allicin.
Allicin is the substance responsible for the powerful healing effects that can benefit every organ in your body.
2. Few Calories and Many Nutrients
Garlic belongs to the onion family and you can get a hold of it all over the world. This means that many people can benefit from its nutritional value.
- Each clove of garlic contains only 42 calories.
- It provides minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium, copper, magnesium, and selenium.
- It’s also a source of vitamin B6 and C.
3. It’s Detoxifies Naturally
Garlic gets rid of toxins, bacteria and parasites.
This benefits your liver and cleans it of all the metallic elements that are found there in small quantities. These include mercury and some chemicals found in medications.
Thanks to the vitamins it provides it stimulates your liver function and helps combat fatty liver disease.
4. It Prevents Many Illnesses
Garlic is a fantastic source of antioxidants. Eating just a small amount of this food helps fight the free radicals that cause ageing.
As a result, garlic works really well against oxidization.
- It’s possible that consuming one clove of garlic every day will help prevent deterioration of the neuronal system, and therefore prevent brainproblems like dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s.
5. It reduces your risk of cardiac problems
As you already know, cholesterol is neither your friend, nor your enemy. There’s good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. It’s simply up to you to be healthy.
Well, here’s another one of the health benefits of garlic.
Consuming a clove of garlic a day will reduce your levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, and other factors which can cause cardiac problems.
6. Strong, Healthy Bones for Women
Consuming garlic is good for women’s bones, since it helps increase levels of estrogen, the female sexual hormone.
This, in turn, makes women’s bones stronger and prevents illnesses like osteoarthritis.
7. Garlic for Hypertension
By now you’ve probably worked out that garlic is an invaluable food for your health.
We’ve told you about some illnesses that you can combat just by eating a little garlic each day. However, one of the most important health benefits of garlic is in controlling hypertension.
Remember: If you have hypertension, you first need to go to a doctor and follow their advice.
Certainly, garlic alone will not cure this condition, but it will help a lot.
Here, we’ll suggest two ways of using garlic to fight hypertension:
Garlic and Oil
The idea is to grind a number of garlic cloves in olive oil. It might seem a slightly strange mixture, but we can assure you that it doesn’t taste bad.
- 20 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 5 cups of olive oil (1 litre)
- 1 glass bottle
- Take each clove of garlic and cut it in half.
- Pour all the oil into the glass bottle and add each piece of garlic.
- Leave the mixture for three weeks so that all of its properties are activated.
- You can eat this preparation spread over a slice of bread.
- Try it as a morning snack, and you’ll soon see the good results.
This is a delicious tea that has been used to maintain cardiac health throughout history.
- A clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- A cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Boil the water and add the garlic, ginger, and honey.
- Leave it to cook for about 20 minutes, strain it, and drink the remaining liquid on an empty stomach or before lunch.
You now have all the knowledge you need about the different health benefits of garlic.
Your well-being and body depend on you. Take care of yourself and your family!