How to Use Garlic and Lemon to Strengthen Your Nails
Garlic and lemon provide minerals and other nutrients that help your nails grow strong and healthy to prevent weakening and breaking.
Today, there’s a wide variety of cosmetic products that promise to strengthen your nails and prevent them from weakening and breaking.
Although you try to avoid it, the nails are constantly exposed to the elements and can deteriorate, not just because of the substances they come into contact with, but also due to nutritional deficiencies or disease.
Manicures and other treatments will help you care for them, but sometimes additional measures are required to provide them with the nutrients they need.
In addition to the conventional alternatives, however, there are some 100% natural solutions with properties that promote the hardening of your nails and will keep them strong and healthy.
Today we want to share a treatment made with garlic and lemon with you. Its regular application will remarkably improve the appearance of weak nails.
Don’t give up!
Garlic and lemon to strengthen the nailsThis natural hardener made with garlic and lemon is an organic treatment that will improve the condition of nails that tend to split when they start to grow.
It combines essential nutrients that strengthen the superficial layers of the nails, stopping them from deteriorating.
- The garlic provides important sulfur compounds that help repair any damaged surface structures and provides strength and shine.
- Sulfur inhibits the effects of free radicals and prevents the growth of fungi or other infectious agents.
- This treatment is also an important source of vitamin C, a nutrient that helps you maintain adequate levels of collagen, which are necessary for strong and healthy nails.
- It provides minerals like calcium and magnesium to protect your natural enamel.
- Additionally, you can add a capsule of vitamin E, an antioxidant that is known for its ability to hydrate, regenerate, and protect.
Do you want to know more? See: 8 symptoms of a vitamin C deficiency
How do you make this homemade nail treatment?The advantage of making this nail treatment at home is that its ingredients are much more affordable than the commercial products sold in pharmacies and salons.
Because it is free from chemical substances, it won’t have negative side effects and can be used even on your sensitive nails.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- 1 bottle of clear nail polish
- Crush the cloves of garlic and stir in the lemon juice and vitamin E gel from the capsule.
- Let this stand for 15 to 20 minutes and mix it with the clear nail polish.
- You can pour everything into a small jar for convenience.
Mode of application
- Remove any nail polish from your nails, wash them with a neutral soap, and then apply a thin layer of this hardener.
- Be sure to cover your nails completely and let the treatment work for three days.
- After this time, remove the product, let your nails rest for a day, and reapply.
- Follow this treatment on a regular basis and you’ll have stronger and longer nails in just a few weeks.
Visit this article: 7 solutions to strengthen weak nails
Other recommendations to strengthen your nailsThis home treatment is an effective solution for fragile nails. It’s important to consider other aspects of care, however, to get the best results in no time.
Although many people ignore this, certain habits are essential for preventing nails from breaking down or becoming discolored.
- For that reason, be sure to complement the use of this product with the following:
- A healthy diet, which includes plenty of protein, antioxidants, and minerals
- Daily consumption of water, at least six to eight glasses a day
- Wearing protective gloves, especially when handling cleaning products made with chemicals
- Daily hydration, both on the surface of the nails and the cuticles
You should also be sure to avoid certain harmful habits, such as:
- Biting your nails
- Using your fingernails as “tools”
- Cutting your cuticles
- Using aggressive cosmetic products (chemical nail polish, for example)
- Leaving them dirty
Are your nails growing slowly or do they tend to split when you least expect it? If you notice any sign of weakening, don’t hesitate to prepare your own treatment at home and nourish them to keep them strong.
If they continue to break in spite of your care, talk with your doctor to determine the cause. Although it is often overlooked, weak nails can be a sign of certain health conditions.