Having long healthy nails and consistent nail growth can be a difficult task. It’s even harder if we are exposed to chemical cleaning products, dust, and other environmental agents that tend to debilitate them and hamper nail growth.
Although having regular manicures allows us to maintain clean and beautiful nails, sometimes we need additional products to strengthen their structure and avoid splitting.
It’s true that the cosmetic industry has developed many nail polishes and treatments that solve these problems in a short time.
Nevertheless, these options tend to be costly at times. Their continual use causes some secondary effects due to the chemicals.
For this reason, we want to share 5 interesting homemade remedies which combine natural ingredients to stimulate their growth.
Do you want to try them?
1. Garlic and lemon
Garlic contains sulfur and lemon contains vitamin C. This combination offers us a fortifying treatment to maintain strong nails that are hydrated and long.
These nutrients are absorbed easily through an external application. In a few days they help to alleviate breaks and cracks
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1/2 cup of water
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• Mash 1 garlic clove and put it into a half cup of boiling water.
• Let it sit for 10 minutes and then add the lemon juice.
• Put the nails in this mixture or rub them with the help of a brush or cotton.
• Store the leftover solution and use it every day.
2. Onions, garlic, and olive oil
The ingredients that we combine in this homemade treatment allows us to fortify the top layer of the nail. As a result, this improves the natural production of carotene to stimulate healthy growth of the nails.
Its regular use avoids cracking and the formation of scales or canals on the surface.
• 1/2 small onion
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 5 tablespoons of olive oil
• Finely chop the onions and grate the garlic clove
• Add the oil to the above ingredients being sure to form an oily past
• Rub the treatment over the nails and let it activate for 20 minutes.
• Rinse and repeat, at least 3 times per week.
3. Coconut milk and lemon juice
Rich in essential amino acids, fatty acids and vitamins, this coconut milk and lemon treatment is a natural hardener that strengthens the nails to promote growth.
It is ideal for people who suffer chemical harm and powders. These nutrients overpower these damaging substances that generate weak nails.
• Juice from one lemon
• 1/2 cups of coconut milk
• Extract the juice of one lemon and mix it with the coconut milk.
• Submerge the nails in the treatment and allow them to soak for 10 minutes.
• Rinse with cold water and repeat daily
4. Castor oil and almond oil
Castor oil, like almond oil, has vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Applying these to the nails, reduces breakage and accelerates growth.
Its use is advised, above all, when weakness and difficulties with growth are due to excessive dryness.
• 3 Tablespoons of castor oil
• 2 Tablespoons of almond oil
• Combine the oils until obtaining a homogeneous mix.
• Rub the oil on the nails and let it activate for 30 minutes.
• Rinse and use every night.
5. Argan and lemon oil for nail growth.
The nutrients contained in argan oil help to revitalize nail growth without difficulties.
In this case we suggest combining it with lemon juice to improve its properties and after time, create a barrier against fungus.
• 2 Tablespoons of argan oil
• 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
• Mix the argan oil and lemon juice in a container.
• Rub the treatment over the nails using a finger nail polish brush or a cotton ball.
• Let it sit overnight, without rinsing and use daily.
Do you feel that your nail growth is slower than you like, or do you just want to protect them from breaking or getting weak?
Choose some of these treatments you can make at home and use in your regular beauty routine.