Pineapple-Celery Shake for Weight Loss
A pineapple-celery shake can be that tasty refreshing complement for your breakfasts and dinners. These ingredients are great together and have a high water content that won’t only keep you hydrated but also stimulate urination.
In relation to the latter would be its potential as a weight-loss agent. In a nutshell: by drinking it, you’d be able to go to the bathroom more times and, thus, eliminate retained fluids that may cause bloating and a feeling that you’re much “heavier” than you really are.
Keep in mind that this drink on its own, no matter how much it’s consumed, isn’t enough to achieve weight loss. However, it could contribute to maintaining a balanced diet and good hydration, which are key factors when losing and maintaining an adequate weight, depending on your body mass index.
Things to take into account
Detox drinks and diets, as well as “miracle” diets, promise a lot but harm health in the long-term. Therefore, it’s necessary to avoid them and, instead, take the following into account:
- Everyone’s body is different with particular needs and metabolism. Thus, not everyone must follow the same diet. It’s best to consult your doctor and nutritionist the best and healthiest option for you and follow their indications.
- Weight loss should never mean starving yourself. The question is to learn to maintain moderation, choose better food, respect schedules and, in addition, avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle.
- When it comes to losing weight, you need to have realistic goals and watch your health. It isn’t worth it to lose weight in a short time and then end up sick.
Pineapple and weight loss
Pineapple is one of the most sought-after fruits by people who want to lose weight because it easily satisfies that well-known “sweet” need.
Its flavor, between sweet and acid, goes with almost anything. This fruit is quite sought after for shakes, natural juices, and salads. This is why nutritionists recommend mixing it with other healthy and satiating foods such as spinach, nuts, and salmon, among others.
- Pineapple contains a digestive enzyme called bromelain, which helps digest proteins by breaking them down into amino acids.
- The biggest benefit of pineapple acts as long as you take it on an empty stomach, which is when it exerts its anti-inflammatory effect.
- The high content of water, vitamin C, antioxidants, and minerals, combined with bromelain, makes the fat stored in your body less resistant. Thus, it’s easier for you to eliminate it.
Celery, a diuretic and anti-inflammatory food
According to the journal Medical News Today, celery is one of the healthiest vegetables for your heart and for promoting weight loss.
- Celery is loaded with phytonutrients and antioxidants with powerful digestive properties and can cleanse the body, and help it absorb nutrients.
- Some people choose celery as a snack for between meals to satisfy their hunger. It also controls blood pressure and gives you a good amount of dietary fiber.
- As is the case with pineapple, the best way to enjoy the many virtues of celery is by blending it with other ingredients. It’s not only great in a pineapple shake, you can also add apples and cucumbers. It’s delicious!
Celery is also one of the more versatile shake ingredients. It’s very refreshing and provides a special flavor that’ll kick-start your day with plenty of vitamins and minerals.
This article may interest you Pineapple Carpaccio with Ice Cream: A Delicious Recipe
Pineapple-celery shake recipe for weight loss
- 1 stalk of celery
- The juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 c. of pineapple (300 g)
- 2 c. of water (400 ml)
- A tbsp. of honey (25 g)
You’ll drink two shakes: the first one on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and the second during lunch.
- The first step is to cut your slices of pineapple until you have two cups. Then squeeze the juice from half a lemon. It’s easy!
- Next, wash and slice your celery.
- Then, add everything to the blender or food processor: Two cups of water, the pineapple, celery, lemon juice, and a tablespoon of honey. Process for a few seconds until you get a smooth, lump-free drink.
- Now you’re ready to drink your first pineapple and celery smoothie of the day.
Are you ready to try this pineapple celery shake?
Shakes like the one we just shared are more than just a refreshing drink. They’re also hydrating and satisfying! Thus, adding them to a meal or snack is well worth it because it’ll give you a greater sense of fullness. Of course, you can also enjoy your pineapple and celery shake on its own.
Keep in mind that this drink is merely a complement to a balanced diet. However, it isn’t going to make you lose weight overnight. Thus, don’t drink it instead of a regular meals as doing so will only weaken you and put your health at risk.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Sowbhagya, H. B. (2014). Chemistry, Technology, and Nutraceutical Functions of Celery (Apium graveolens L.): An Overview. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2011.586740
- Vasudha, S., & Mishra, H. N. (2013). Non dairy probiotic beverages. International Food Research Journal. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWSCAS.2007.4488836
- Farid Hossain, M. (2015). Nutritional Value and Medicinal Benefits of Pineapple. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.ijnfs.20150401.22
- Nadzirah, K. Z., Zainal, S., Noriham, A., Normah, I., Siti Roha, A. M., & Nadya, H. (2013). Physico- chemical properties of pineapple variety N36 harvested and stored at different maturity stages. International Food Research Journal. https://doi.org/10.1524/zpch.1963.38.3_4.227