Pineapple and Celery Smoothie for Weight Loss
The combination of celery and pineapple can provide a refreshing, healthy drink with a certain diuretic effect, ideal to complement a balanced diet and maintain a healthy weight.
A celery and pineapple smoothie can be that refreshing flavor supplement for your breakfasts and snacks. Both ingredients combine perfectly and, together, due to their high water content, help hydrate while stimulating urination.
In relation to the latter would be its potential as a weight-loss agent. In a nutshell: by drinking it, you’d be able to go to the bathroom more times and, thus, eliminate retained fluids that may cause bloating and a feeling that you’re much “heavier” than you really are.
Keep in mind that this drink on its own, no matter how much it’s consumed, isn’t enough to achieve weight loss. However, it could contribute to maintaining a balanced diet and good hydration, which are key factors when losing and maintaining an adequate weight, depending on your body mass index.
Things to take into account
Detox drinks and diets, as well as “miracle” diets, promise a lot but harm health in the long-term. Therefore, it’s necessary to avoid them and, instead, take the following into account:
- Everyone’s body is different with particular needs and metabolism. Thus, not everyone must follow the same diet. It’s recommended to consult your doctor and nutritionist the best and healthiest option for you and follow their indications.
- Weight loss should never mean starving yourself. The question is to learn to maintain moderation, choose better food, respect schedules and, in addition, avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle.
- When it comes to losing weight, you need to have realistic goals and watch your health. It isn’t worth it to lose weight in a short time and then end up sick.
Pineapple and weight loss
Pineapple is one of the most sought-after fruits by people who want to lose weight because it easily satisfies that well-known “sweet” need.
Its flavor, between sweet and acid, goes with almost anything. This fruit is the queen of milkshakes, natural juices, and salads. Therefore, nutritionists also recommend not hesitating to mix it with other healthy and satiating foods: spinach, nuts, and salmon, among other things.
- Pineapple contains a digestive enzyme called bromelain, which helps digest proteins by breaking them down into amino acids.
- The biggest benefit of pineapple acts as long as you take it on an empty stomach, which is when it exerts its anti-inflammatory effect.
- The high content of water, vitamin C, antioxidants, and minerals, combined with bromelain, makes the fat stored in your body less resistant. Thus, it’s easier for you to eliminate it.
Celery, a diuretic and anti-inflammatory food
According to the journal Medical News Today, celery is one of the healthiest vegetables for your heart and for promoting weight loss.
- Celery is loaded with phytonutrients and antioxidants, very powerful to aid digestion, cleanse the body, and assist the body to absorb nutrients.
- Some people choose celery as a snack for between meals to satisfy their hunger. It also controls blood pressure and gives you a good amount of dietary fiber.
- As is the case with pineapple, the best way to enjoy the many virtues of celery is by combining it with other foods. It’s great not just blended with pineapple, but also in a smoothie made with apples and cucumbers. It’s delicious!
Celery is also one of the more versatile foods when it comes to smoothies. It’s very refreshing and provides a special flavor that will kick-start your day with plenty of vitamins and minerals.
This article may interest you: Three Weight-loss Diets that Don’t Endanger Your Health
Recipe for pineapple and celery smoothie for weight loss
- 2 cups of water (400 ml)
- 2 cups of pineapple (300 g)
- 1 stalk of celery
- The juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
You’ll get two weight loss smoothie servings out of these ingredients. The first you should drink on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and have the second during lunch.
- The first step is to cut your slices of pineapple until you have two cups, and wash and slice your celery. Then squeeze the juice from half a lemon. It’s easy!
- Now, add everything to the blender or food processor: two cups of water, the pineapple, celery, lemon juice, and a tablespoon of honey. Process for a few seconds until you get a smooth, lump-free drink.
Now you’re ready. Help yourself to that first pineapple celery smoothie in the morning. Enjoy!
Remember that this drink can help you complement a balanced diet but not lose weight overnight.