9 Ways to Remove Warts Quickly
There are many ways to remove warts quickly. Warts are small lumps on the skin formed by the dilation of vascular bundles and the hardening of the overlying skin. Furthermore, these lumps are mainly an aesthetic problem as they tend to be pretty unsightly.
There are a wide variety of medical treatments to help get rid of warts without leaving any scars. However, it’s important to be clear in that most of these are expensive.
Nature has also provided some options for getting rid of these inconvenient lumps without having to spend a lot of money. Thus, consult your doctor first, to avoid any related problems.
As with the expensive treatments, these won’t leave a scar on your skin. Here’s a list of nine effective ways to remove warts.
1. Garlic treatment to remove warts
According to this study conducted by Washington State University, garlic is a potent antimicrobial. Keep in mind that warts are usually caused by different strains of human papillomavirus (HPV) and aren’t sexually transmitted. In this respect, the antimicrobial and antiviral properties of garlic can be useful against these skin conditions.
- Take a fresh clove of garlic and crush it until you get a chunky paste.
- Apply it over the wart
- Then, cover the area with a bandage or piece of fabric
- Keep it tight enough so that the mixture doesn’t move
- Leave it do its thing overnight
- The next day, remove the bandage and clean the area
- Repeat this process daily until the wart dries and falls off
2. Apple cider vinegar can remove warts quickly
This liquid is ideal for drying out these little bumps. All you have to do is take a small bandage and put three drops of apple cider vinegar on it. Put the bandage over the wart and, in the same way as the garlic treatment, allow it to act overnight. Repeat this process for five consecutive days.
3. Banana peel
Don’t throw away that banana skin. It has antifungal properties, according to this study by the Mangalore University in India. Rub over your warts. Repeat this process every day for two weeks.
You can also place a piece of the banana peel over your wart and keep it there with some medical tape. Allow it to act overnight.
4. Remove warts quickly with adhesive tape
Place a small piece of sticky tape over your wart and leave it on for six days. Then, rinse the wart and repeat the process until it falls off. It’ll be a little more than a month before you see results.
5. Onion juice
Onions have antibacterial properties, according to this study conducted by Yeungnam University in Korea, so it can have the same effect as garlic on warts and its use consists of:
- The trick is to cut the onion into to pieces and leave it in a bowl with quite a lot of salt overnight
- In the morning, strain the juice and reserve it, and apply it directly onto the affected area before you go to bed
- This treatment will take about 12 days to yield results
6. Castor oil
Castor oil can help get rid of those bothersome warts in less than four weeks, as suggested by this study conducted by the University of Mauritius . This method consists in mixing a little baking powder with castor oil to a sticky paste. Spread it over the wart and cover it with tape or a small bandage. Leave it overnight.
7. Vitamin C and other vitamins
- Firstly, make a paste by mashing a vitamin C tablet with some water
- Apply the mixture directly onto the affected area and leave it to act for 20 minutes
- Repeat this daily
The acid pH of vitamin C helps deal with warts in no time. In fact, a study published in Virology Journal showed that the topical application of vitamin A is useful to eliminate warts resistant to multiple treatments.
8. Essential tea tree oil to remove warts quickly
Essential tea tree oil has powerful medicinal properties for curing skin problems. This is because it’s antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal, according to this study conducted by the University of Western Australia.
The correct way to use it is to put a few drops on the affect area three times a day. As with many home remedies, it’s a little slower to work but the results are fantastic.
9. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is one of the main home remedies for treating skin problems. Just like the essential tea tree oil, it has antibacterial properties, according to this study conducted by the New Horizon Dental College and Research Institute in India. Moreover, applying it to warts three times a day will make them disappear without leaving any scars, all in just a few days.
In addition to the application of the above-mentioned remedies, it’s also important to prevent the spread of warts. In this regard, it’s best to maintain proper personal hygiene and wash your hands after handling these lesions.
Finally, consult your dermatologist if you get a new lesion appears on our skin. Once they identify it and you apply their recommended treatment, follow up with these tips to remove warts. Furthermore, be clear in that no scientific studies have demonstrated their efficacy.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Arango, M. del P. (2018). El virus del papiloma humano. Archivos de Medicina (Manizales). https://doi.org/10.30554/archmed.10.0.1526.2005
- Moreno Cano, P., Agüero Orgaz, D., & Duce Tello, S. (2012). Las verrugas vulgares. FMC Formacion Medica Continuada En Atencion Primaria. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1134-2072(12)70360-2
- Gerlero, P., & Hernández-Martín, Á. (2016). Actualización sobre el tratamiento de las verrugas vulgares en los niños. Actas Dermo-Sifiliográficas. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ad.2016.04.010