Potato Juice for Healthier Hair - How it Can Help
Potato juice is a natural remedy for boosting hair growth that may of our grandmothers used in the past. Therefore, you may have already heard of this technique. However, if that’s not the case, don’t worry. In the article below, we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
Of all the hair-related problems affecting men and women today, thin hair or hair loss continues to be at the top of the list. Hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors. It’s both a beauty and health issue that might indicate a nutritional deficiency. However, it can also be caused by genetic factors. Most of the time, there are ways to reduce the severity of these issues.
Hair loss can be accompanied by growth difficulties. Therefore, it’s hard to keep remaining hair in good shape, preventing it from staying healthy or long. To address that issue, we propose a natural alternative: Potato juice.
How can potato juice help your hair?
According to popular wisdom, potato juice can be an effective alternative hair treatment. It’s a great way to provide essential nutrients like Vitamins A, B, and C, which your hair needs. Having a deficiency in any of these can cause your hair structure to weaken. Not just that, insufficient vitamins can make it dry and fall out more easily.
The liquid produced from potatoes also provides important minerals like calcium, manganese, zinc, and iron. These play an important role in both the underlying health and external appearance of the hair.
The regular and moderate use of this vegetable in your diet is one way for its benefits to rub off on you. Applying it directly to the hair is the most effective way to tackle hair problems, though.
We recommend you read: 8 tricks for amazing hair
How to make potato juice for healthier hair
There are several ways to use potatoes to fight hair thinning. Their juice is one of the best options because it includes all the vitamins this vegetable has to offer.
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup of water (100 ml)
- To begin, wash the potatoes and cut them into large pieces.
- Add them to a blender along with the half cup of water and blend them until the solution is smooth.
- Once you achieve a puree-like consistency, press the pulp through a muslin cloth and into a container.
- Once you’ve separated the juice from the pulp, continue with the following treatment.
Mode of application
- To stimulate the development of thicker, healthier hair, you should first apply the potato juice for healthier hair to your scalp through a gentle massage.
- Then apply the juice to the rest of your hair and cover your head with a shower cap.
- Wait 20 to 25 minutes and then rinse with warm or cold water.
- You should use this treatment every day until you start to see results. Once you notice improvement, you can continue using it up to three times a week.
Potato water for stronger hair
The pulp of the potato isn’t the only part you can use to thicken and nourish your hair. You can make a different kind of juice to strengthen it using potato peels. This can be a complement to the above hair treatment.
See also: Benefits of potatoes for health
- Potato peels
- 1 liter of water
- Thoroughly wash the potato peels to remove any traces of soil and then bring them to a boil with the liter of water.
- Let them boil for a few minutes. Once they’re cooked, remove from heat and allow them to cool.
Mode of application
- You can use the cooking liquid as a final rinse after washing your hair.
- Repeat this two to three times a week for best results.
Use potato juice as part of a good care routine
This procedure doesn’t just promote healthier hair. It also acts as a natural conditioner for brighter hair that’s less damaged.
In conclusion, it’s worth seeing if potatoes can improve the health of your hair. While the effects might not be immediate, people who try potato juice for healthier hair on a regular basis swear by its many benefits.It might interest you...