Carrots and Coconut for Hair Growth
Did you know that a conditioner made of carrots and coconut is a great way to help prevent hair loss?
Hair loss is an aesthetic problem that affects men and women alike. However, it’s not the end of the world! There are some simple and practical options for you to stimulate your hair growth and make it equally voluminous, bright, and strong.
Carrots and coconut conditioner to stimulate hair growth
A homemade coconut-carrot conditioner is a great formula to follow. These two natural products are great for restoring our hair’s body and stimulating new growth. Additionally, these ingredients don’t require any complicated processing methods and the recipe is very simple. As you’ll see, all it takes is patience and perseverance to be able to enjoy the results.
Likewise, it’s also necessary to analyze your lifestyle. Stress, a poor diet, and poor hydration are just three of the elements that can harm our health. We seldom consider these things when we think about the quality of our hair, but they’re also important factors to keep in mind.
You may be interested: 5 Mayonnaise Hair Masks for Luxuriously Soft Hair
Carrots and coconut are truly powerful
Coconut and carrot each have the necessary nutrients to care for, strengthen and stimulate the growth of your hair. So, their benefits greatly enhance when you use them together.
Coconut is one of the most emblematic fruits of the Caribbean, although they mainly grow throughout the tropical belt. Their “milk” is commonly used in hair care products and they obtain it by squeezing the previously crushed pulp. The great news is you don’t have to do that procedure when you make home conditioner. This is because you can find a wide variety of brands of coconut milk at your local market or grocery store. Most of these products do safeguard the quality and benefits of the original liquid.
Likewise, the Daucus carota, popularly known as a carrot, is one of the most celebrated vegetables in the history of modern nutrition. Its faculties and properties are many, and so are their vast number of applications. We’ll take a closer look at these in the next part of the article.
The health benefits of coconut and carrots
This fruit is rich in vitamins B, C, and E, iron, magnesium, calcium, selenium, phosphorus, proteins, amino acids, trace elements, and mineral salts. All of them are vital components for stimulating hair growth.
In addition to providing softness and shine, due to its great moisturizing capacity, coconut is very effective in protecting hair against the damage of hot hair appliances such as hairdryers and irons. Also, other environmental factors contribute to the deterioration of hair such as wind, dust and polluting gases.
However, even if your hair isn’t damaged, there’s an important little detail to using a coconut conditioner and that is its highly pleasant aroma .
You may be interested: This is What Coconut Oil Can Do for Your Hair
Vitamins A, B, C, and K, as well as abundant fiber, potassium, and phosphorus, are among the multiple components of this vegetable. These nutrients, in addition to stimulating the growth of your hair, are decisive in preventing its loss. The action of a carrot mainly focuses on promoting proper blood circulation in your scalp. At the same time, it strengthens the hair follicles and protects them against the aggressive UV sun rays.
A receipt for a hair conditioner to stimulate growth
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1 c. of coconut milk
- To begin, grate the carrots and then squeeze their juice with the help of a clean dishcloth.
- Then, mix the squeezed carrot juice with the coconut milk to a smooth mixture.
- To apply it, both the hair and the scalp must be completely clean. Thus, we recommend that you wash it a “traditional” way.
- As you apply this conditioner on your hair, make sure to cover it the root to the tips. Also, use your fingertips to massage your entire scalp. Do this for about five minutes.
- For the conditioner to act, cover your hair with a thermal cap or plastic bag for about a half-hour period.
- Finally, remove it with plenty of water and a bit of your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure once a week for permanent results.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you’ve enjoyed this article!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ovalles, J. F., León, A., Vielma, R., & Medina, A. L. (2002). Determinación del contenido de aminoácidos libres del agua de coco tierno por HPLC y Revisión electrónica sobre la nueva tecnología para el envasado del agua de coco (Vol. 44). Retrieved from www.members.es.tripod.de
- María. (2018). 10 beneficios del agua de coco científicamente demostrados. Retrieved December 14, 2018, from https://nutricionsinmas.com/beneficios-del-agua-de-coco/
- Mendez, A. (n.d.). Secretos para que crezca rápido el pelo. Retrieved from https://capacitacioncgr.jovenclub.cu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Secretos-para-que-crezca-rápido-el-pelo.pdf