Two Healthy and Delicious Vegan Ceviche Recipes
It is possible to prepare vegan ceviche and enjoy all the flavors of these exotic dishes. In addition, with these dishes, you will ensure an adequate supply of antioxidants and essential nutrients, which is decisive in maintaining a good state of health.
On the other hand, these recipes can be very useful during certain periods, such as pregnancy. It’s not advisable to consume meat without a previous thorough cooking method, such as pregnancy. These vegan recipes don’t present any microbiological risks but still faithfully imitate the traditional Peruvian preparations.
Let’s take a look!
1. Vegan cauliflower and avocado ceviche
First, we are going to present a ceviche made with cauliflower and avocado as the main ingredients.
The first of them, avocados, stand out for their content in phytochemicals with antioxidant capacity. Its inclusion in the diet regularly has been associated with a lower risk of developing complex diseases, according to a study published in the International Journal of Epidemiology.
Also, avocado is characterized by its a high concentration of fatty acids of the omega-three series. These have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. This is evidenced by research published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
Ingredients for vegan ceviche with avocado and cauliflower
To prepare a delicious avocado and cauliflower ceviche, you will need the following ingredients:
- One ripe avocado, cut into small cubes
- One spoonful of extra virgin olive oil
- One cup of cooked cauliflower cut into cubes
- One tablespoon of finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- One tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- One tablespoon lime juice
- Two tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One clove of garlic
Step by step instructions
- Place the avocado, cauliflower, tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and olive oil in a large bowl. All the ingredients must be cut into small cubes to improve the final texture.
- Stir everything, but carefully so as not to break the food that makes up the ceviche. It’s best to use a kitchen spatula and make smooth enveloping movements.
- Once ready, present it in a cup and serve very cold as an appetizer or as an accompaniment. It’s also possible to offer some bread toasts to add a crunchy touch to the preparation.
You’ll definitely like this article: 8 Healthy Foods that are Trending in 2021
2. Vegan avocado and mango ceviche
Next, we’re going to show you another alternative to prepare vegan ceviches. In this case, in addition to avocado, mango appears as one of the main ingredients. This food contains a large number of antioxidant compounds in its interior, but it is a source of vitamin C.
This element has proven to be able to enhance immune function. This means that the incidence of many respiratory diseases of infectious nature can be reduced. In addition, if they develop, their symptoms will be more bearable.
In this case, you’ll need the following ingredients to get a fantastic result:
- 5-6 limes
- A pinch of salt
- One red onion
- One ripe mango
- One ripe avocado
- A pinch of black pepper
- One tablespoon of coconut milk
- A handful of fresh cilantro
Step by step instructions
- Start by cutting the onion into Julienne strips, as thin as possible. Place it in a bowl.
- Squeeze the limes into the bowl with your hand until you get a generous amount of juice.
- Then, add the coconut milk, although this ingredient is optional. Stir everything well and let it sit while you continue with the other preparations.
- Next, peel the avocado, remove the central bone, and cut it into cubes. Do the same with the mango. The cubes must be quite small to improve the final texture. Place both ingredients in the bowl along with the onion.
- Finally, add a little salt and pepper on top, along with a generous amount of chopped coriander. Mix everything and serve, although it’s best to leave it in the fridge for a few minutes so that it cools and the flavors integrate.
We know you’ll like to read: The Benefits and Importance of Choosing Seasonal Foods.
Make vegan ceviche easily at home
It’s very easy to prepare vegan ceviche with excellent health characteristics and a high nutritional value. Both of these recipes are healthy and can be included relatively often in the context of a varied and balanced diet. They will also help to prevent deficits in essential nutrients.
However, remember that to achieve a good state of health, it’s crucial to ensure you adopt a series of healthy habits. Eating well is not enough. It’s also necessary to prioritize physical exercise and getting enough sleep. Your body will thank you!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Aune, D., Giovannucci, E., Boffetta, P., Fadnes, L. T., Keum, N., Norat, T., Greenwood, D. C., Riboli, E., Vatten, L. J., & Tonstad, S. (2017). Fruit and vegetable intake and the risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer and all-cause mortality-a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies. International journal of epidemiology, 46(3), 1029–1056. https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyw319
- Innes, J. K., & Calder, P. C. (2020). Marine Omega-3 (N-3) Fatty Acids for Cardiovascular Health: An Update for 2020. International journal of molecular sciences, 21(4), 1362. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms21041362
- Carr, A. C., & Maggini, S. (2017). Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients, 9(11), 1211. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9111211