How to Treat Alopecia Naturally
If you're suffering from alopecia, you should know that there are natural ways to control it. We'll share them with you in this article.
Looking after your hair isn’t easy. Both women and men seek to maintain it in good condition and looking abundant and shiny. However, many people end up suffering from a really annoying condition: alopecia. In this article, we’ll tell you how to treat alopecia naturally.
The Many Possible Causes of Hair Loss
Many factors trigger excessive hair loss. This problem often manifests due to:
- Genetic factors
- Psychological problems
- Scalp infections or disorders
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Chronic diseases
- Immune system disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excess tobacco or drug consumption
- The use of chemicals to treat the hair.
If you want to know how to put a stop to your hair loss, in this article, we’ll recommend some natural treatments you can apply.
Natural Remedies to Treat Alopecia
Treating alopecia can be complicated. It all depends on the cause and type of hair loss.
There are many treatments and products to treat alopecia on the market, but it’s always better to resort to nature first. Here are five natural options to treat this problem:
1. Garlic, onion, and lemon
These three foods are antibacterial. This means that they help eliminate foreign agents on your scalp. In addition, onion and garlic’s sulfuric compounds help stabilize hair fibers.
- To prepare it, blend these three ingredients in equal proportions.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Use water to remove it and eliminate the smell.
2. Coconut milk and carrots
This combination helps strengthen your hair and keep it healthy. Both ingredients are nutrient-rich. Carrots contain antioxidants and vitamins B6 and B12. Meanwhile, coconut milk contains vitamins, amino acids, mineral salts, and trace elements.
- All you have to do is prepare a thick juice with these ingredients and apply it to your hair.
- Do this once a week until you see the difference.
3. Rice or apple cider vinegar
Vinegar can help control excess oil. If your alopecia is caused by oily hair, then choose this product that helps stimulate circulation.
- All you have to do is massage your scalp with rice or apple cider vinegar.
- Remove with water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment once a week.
This article may interest you: 8 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
4. Aloe vera
The countless medicinal properties of aloe vera can help treat alopecia. Aloe vera moisturizes and heals your scalp.
The treatment consists of preparing a paste or hair mask with aloe vera gel.
- All you have to do is extract the aloe vera gel and mix it with some water until you get a creamy mixture.
- Massage onto your scalp with circular movements for about 10 minutes.
Remove with water. You’ll notice that your hair will be cleaner, shinier, and – although you may not notice this as much – stronger.
Beet is a nutrient-rich plant that contains vitamins B and C, calcium, phosphorous, and potassium.
- Boil a beet for healthy and strong hair.
- After it boils, leave over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the beet from the water because all we need is the liquid.
- Let the liquid cool and pour over your hair. Massage your scalp with circular movements to stimulate circulation.
- Repeat two or three times a week.
6. Lotion to treat alopecia
This is a lotion that will help treat seborrheic dermatitis and reduce hair loss. This treatment also strengthens each strand and works to eradicate the problem.
- 1 tablespoon of sage (10 g)
- 3 teaspoons of rosemary alcohol (21 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of palmetto (7 g)
- 250 ml of distilled water
- 1 teaspoon of nettle (7 g)
- 1 tablespoon of hops liquid extract (15 g)
- Marshmallows (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of red cinchona (7 g)
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture. As you won’t use it all at once, store what’s left in a glass container.
- Stir before applying.
- You should apply this lotion three times a week on clean hair.
- Wash your hair preferably with an anti-seborrheic shampoo.
- Then, rub the lotion onto your scalp and remove with warm water.
Discover: 9 Ways to Fight Hair Loss
Avoiding bad habits and leading a healthy lifestyle will help keep your hair healthy. In addition to using natural remedies to treat alopecia, you need to adopt good habits.
Follow this basic advice:
- Avoid stress. We know that this is practically impossible nowadays, but this is one of the major causes of alopecia. Practice yoga or any other activity that promotes relaxation.
- Eat a balanced diet. Consume all the nutrients your body needs. Vitamins and minerals are essential, but don’t forget about antioxidants. The goal is to maintain your hair healthy and strong.
- Use a hair brush with soft bristles that don’t damage your hair strands. In addition, avoid using hair scrunchies because they break hair strands. Also avoid very tight hairstyles.
- Use a natural shampoo. Don’t use shampoos that are prepared with chemicals.
- Every time you shower, massage your scalp with your fingertips with circular movements. This way, you’ll increase blood circulation to the scalp, oxygenating your follicles.
These tips help fight alopecia. If the problem persists, consult a specialist who can guide you in the best possible way.