Three Easy Recipes for Garlic Soup
Garlic soup is very easy to make and you don't need too many ingredients. Here are three great homemade recipes that will surely delight the whole family!
Garlic soup is a classic. Have you ever tried it? If now, what are you waiting for?
Here are three easy recipes so you can try them all and find out which one will become a family favorite.
Easy Garlic Soup Recipes
Garlic is native to Central Asia. However, its use is widespread throughout the world thanks to its superb flavor and aroma. Nevertheless, its best contribution is actually due to minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, and iodine, together with vitamin B6. Overall, they all make it a most valuable ingredient to incorporate into your diet.
Here, we have three easy recipes so you can choose the one that best suits your palate. As with any other soup, you can make all sorts of variations and mix and match ingredients according to your taste and budget.
1. Vegan garlic soup
This soup recipe requires very few ingredients. It might just be the perfect meal when you have vegan guests! It’s also easy to make and very tasty.
Ingredients (per person)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peel and cut into slices
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 c. of water
- 1 egg (optional)
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- To begin, cut the bread into thin cubes or slices and reserve.
- Then, heat the olive oil in a pot.
- After, fry the garlic in it until it’s brown.
- Add the bread and stir it to keep it from burning.
- Then, add the paprika and continue to stir.
- At this point, add the water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep it on high heat until it boils.
- Finally, lower the heat. (This is where you’ll crack the egg and add it if you’re going to use it.) Then, let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the bread falls apart.
- Serve with parsley.
Also read: Cream of Garlic Soup for Heart Health
2. Garlic soup with chorizo
This might be one of the tastiest easy garlic soup recipes we’ve got. However, it’s important to remember that when you add this kind of processed meat to anything, you’ll increase the calories and fat content.
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 oz of chorizo
- 1 breadstick, preferably from the day before
- 4.4 fl oz of milk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and sweet paprika to taste
- 4 c. of beef broth
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Place the olive oil in a pot and heat it (keep the flame lower than usual as olive oil burns easily).
- Next, add the garlic and sautee it until golden brown.
- Then, chop the chorizo and cube the bread and incorporate them into the pot. Stir well.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Then, lower the heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the bread disintegrates.
- Add the two eggs and stir continuously for 5 minutes until you get a creamy consistency.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
3. Garlic soup with a poached egg
Eggs provide quality protein and lots of energy. In addition, they have well-balanced proportions of essential amino acids, so nutritionists recommend egg consumption several times a week. Studies confirm that eating eggs doesn’t increase your risk of cardiovascular problems.
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz of bread
- 4 c. of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- To begin, heat the oil in a pot and saute the garlic.
- Cut the bread into slices and then add them to the pot as soon as the garlic becomes golden.
- Now, add the paprika and stir.
- Next, add the vegetable stock, salt it and bring it to a boil for two minutes.
- Then, remove the soup from the heat and serve it in oven resistant soup containers. Place an egg on each one of them and bake at 350°F until they cook.
- Finally, garnish with parsley and serve.
As we’ve said before, your imagination is the limit when it comes to cooking! These recipes are just ideas for you to add your final touch to. Think of adding other ingredients to it, as pretty much everything goes with garlic:
- For example, add potatoes to the soup. You won’t just make it more satisfying, but will considerably increase its nutritional value.
- Also, how about adding some prosciutto to it? (But be careful not to oversalt it if you use this ingredient). Add the ham, boil, and then check on the salt and add some if you have to.
- Use spicy paprika instead of sweet paprika for an even tastier taste.
- You can also add edible mushrooms and vegetables such as leeks, zucchini, and carrots.
So, what do you think about these easy garlic soup recipes? Put on your apron and begin experimenting!