There are many products on the market to bleach your hair, but their chemical compounds can damage your hair, either lightly or severely. In some cases, the damage can be irreversible. In addition, many girls tend to dye their hair many times per year, causing even more damage.
Have you ever wondered how to bleach your hair without hurting it?
In this article, we’ll take a look at some natural products can help your hair stay lighter for longer, reducing how often you need to apply abrasive products.
What Does Bleach Do to Your Hair?
Your hair is divided into three parts.
- You have the cuticle, which is formed by cells composed of keratin, and it’s responsible for protecting the interior of your hair. It influences its shine and color.
- Then, you have the cortex. The cortex forms the inside of your hair strand, making up about 70% of its mass. The rest is composed of keratinized cells.
- Finally, you have the medulla. This is the central part of your hair where your natural pigments and oils from the sebaceous glands are. It’s porous and gives your hair its consistency.
Bleaching your hair is a process where the color is reduced in the pigment of your hair. The combination of oxygenized water and the lightening product liberates the active oxygen and attacks the pigment, giving it a lightening appearance. The end product depends on the initial pigment that your hair had. To get an intense blonde color when you start with dark brown, you’ll need to use the lightener in a few different sessions.
As you know, bleaching your hair with chemical products is an aggressive process. Therefore, you should proceed with caution because you could suffer from negative consequences in the future and even the moment you apply it. The more bleach you apply, the more damage it can cause.
How to Naturally Bleach Your Hair Without Harming It
Lightening your hair naturally without causing damage is possible. With the techniques listed below, you can lessen the intensity of the hair color you currently have.
In addition, you’ll surely notice that your hair will be shinier and more lively.
1. Bleach with Chamomile
Chamomile is one of the most commonly used products to bleach your hair. This is why we’re showing you this one first. Lemon is another lightening agent, and you can combine it with chamomile. The process is super easy.
- In a pot, boil two cups of water.
- When it’s boiling, add a bag of chamomile.
- Then, place it in the freezer to cool down quickly.
- When it’s cold, add the juice from half of one lemon.
With your hair damp and with the help of a spray bottle, apply the mix onto your hair, letting it work for about 20 minutes. You should do this process at least twice per week to see the results you’re looking for.
To make the results more powerful, add chamomile extract to your shampoo. This way, you can strengthen the effect with your daily shower. There are even commercial products like this that have chamomile extract.
2. Lemon, Egg and Beer Mask
- The first thing you should do to bleach your hair without damaging it is beat the egg white until it’s foamy.
- Then, add half of a cup of non-alcoholic beer.
- Mix them with a wooden spoon and add in the lemon.
Apply this mask to damp hair through a gentle massage and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then, rinse it out with lots of water. You can do this treatment twice per week as well.
Yes, beer can also be used for other things!
3. Bleach with Apple Vinegar and Honey
Another way to lighten your hair without causing damage is with apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Place a pot over medium heat and add water and two tablespoons of honey.
- Once the water begins to boil, add two tablespoons of apple vinegar and let the mix heat for another few minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and place it in the refrigerator.
Once it’s cold, apply it to your hair. With the help of a hair dryer at a warm setting, blow dry your hair to help it absorb the mixture. Just like in the other techniques, let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it out with lots of water.
After bleaching, you should be aware that you’ll need to take extra precaution to protect your hair. It will ensure that your hair is as shiny and fabulous as ever.