Eating Quinoa This Way at Breakfast for a Healthier You
Eating quinoa with apple and cinnamon in the morning is a real treat. You’ll both enjoy eating it and enjoy the benefits it gives you.
As a matter of fact, it’s surprising how many ways quinoa can be prepared. It’s both grain like and very powerful when it comes to looking after your health. Above all, eating quinoa implies adding barely any calories to your diet.
Actually, in this article, we want to talk about quinoa a little more. We suggest that, starting today, you eat a breakfast of quinoa, apple and cinnamon. You’ll surely love it. Besides, after a few weeks, you’ll notice some large changes.
Now, let’s take a look at why this is.
The Benefits of Eating Quinoa, Apple and Cinnamon
What do you normally eat for breakfast? Are you the kind of person who leaves the house with a coffee and a prepackaged muffin? If so, then it’s time to change your routine.
We’re sure you already know this, but we want to say it again: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Besides, statistical studies show that most people in the US don’t give breakfast the importance it deserves.
Without doubt, we need to start the day with a good amount of energy. That’s certainly easy to do. We just have to include both protein and unsaturated fats in our breakfast.
Additionally, morning is the time of the day when our brain needs the most amount of energy.
Think about it. Because of the reasons we already mentioned, eating quinoa for breakfast is indeed a great idea. Be sure to look at how you can make it for yourself.
Quinoa in Your Breakfast
Quinoadoesn’t have glutenit’s one of the few vegetable sources of the nine essential amino acids
- It’s also rich in fiber, magnesium, B-complex vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, Vitamin E and multiple antioxidants that are very beneficial.
- Quinoa can be one of the best breakfast foods. This is especially true if we carefully pick the foods we combine it with.
- In every 100 grams of quinoa, there is 27 grams of fiber. If you are fighting constipation, this is a good food to eat.
- Moreover, quinoa is great for losing weight. This is especially true if we combine it with apples and cinnamon. The reason is it controls our blood sugar levels. And, little by little, it helps us to get rid of our annoying belly fat.
Apples, Perfect for Starting Your Day
If you eat quinoa with apples, then you’ll be taking care of your heart. Although there’s a variety of colors and types of apples, they all help to prevent arteriosclerosis.
Also, by eating this breakfast, you can prevent a few other diseases. One is diabetes, and the other is brain hemorrhaging. Besides, by controlling your blood sugar levels, you’ll have more energy.
If you’re the kind of person who finds a simple breakfast boring, then you’ll love the meal option we suggest here.
This is also a great breakfast for everyone. After all, apples are one of the best foods for a healthy breakfast.
We recommend you read: Enjoy the Benefits of Apples with These 9 Delicious Recipes
Cinnamon, the Essence of Health
Do you struggle with cholesterol? Do you have high blood sugar? If so, then try eating quinoa, apples and a pinch of cinnamon.
A great reason to eat this food is it helps control our digestion. Eating this for breakfast helps us to make it to lunch. It can also help fight premature aging.
We should also remember that cinnamon brings a great amount of flavor to our meals.
How to Prepare the Quinoa, Apple and Cinnamon Breakfast
As we always say, be sure to look for organic fruits and vegetables.
In the case of quinoa and apple, this recommendation is very important. Choosing organic ingredients means we’ll get the most of what they have to offer.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup (100 g) of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (200 ml) of oat milk
- an apple (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (7.5 g) of honey
- First, prepare the apple. Wash it, peel it, cut it into pieces and take out the seeds.
- Then blend the apple in a blender or food processor.
- In a bowl, mix lukewarm oat milk with the blended apple, quinoa, honey and cinnamon.
- Mix until everything is well integrated.
- If you want a smoother texture, you can chop the apple before you blend it. This part depends on what you prefer.
Be sure to try this. You might even consider including this recipe in your breakfast two times a week. See how well it makes you feel.
It’s delicious!It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
Lee, C. M., & Lee, S. Y. (2007). Consumer insights on healthy breakfast cereal – A focus group research. Journal of Sensory Studies. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-459X.2007.00116.x
Boivin, C., Parissier, C., Alle, A., Asselin Forcier, P., & Langlois, S. (2014). Healthy Breakfast Cereals: What Do Consumers Want? Journal of Foodservice Business Research. https://doi.org/10.1080/15378020.2014.886914
Greenwood, J. L. J., & Stanford, J. B. (2008). Preventing or Improving Obesity by Addressing Specific Eating Patterns. The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2008.02.070034
Lepkowska, D. (2015). The importance of a healthy breakfast. About Kids Health.