Tea with Watermelon Seeds to Detox Your Kidneys
Seeds from fruits can help regulate your digestion and strengthen your kidneys, which is why it’s a good idea to save those watermelon seeds to make tea.
Everyone knows that watermelon is healthy, nutritious, and refreshing – it’s the official summer fruit. But, at the same time the seeds can be pretty annoying. More and more watermelons are marketed as “seedless” to spare the consumer the time it takes to pick them out of each slice. But were you aware that those little seeds contain amazing health benefits? When you use just the right amount, and in the right way, you can make a special tea with watermelon seeds to detox your kidneys.
In today’s article we’ll give you all the information you need on this curious new subject.
The benefits of watermelon seeds to detox your kidneys
Who doesn’t love watermelon? This seasonal fruit is summertime’s best friend because it provides hydration, minerals, and antioxidants, while also fighting fluid retention. But most people spit out or remove the seeds, either because they’re not used to eating them or find them bothersome.
Unfortunately this means they’re missing out on the incredible health benefits we’re about to share with you. You can actually use the watermelon seeds to detox your kidneys!
1. Little seeds, big laxative
2. Detox the body and improve renal health
Tea made from watermelon seeds has been used for centuries to detox the kidneys and treat kidney stones. These seeds have a powerful cleansing effect, helping to remove accumulated waste and toxins and improving kidney function to keep stones from forming in the first place.
In addition to caring for your renal health, you can also drink watermelon seed tea to regulate your blood pressure.
3. Watermelon seeds contain a lot of energyIt’s a shame that when you spit out those seeds, you lose so many benefits. Did you know that watermelon seeds were so nutritious before you read this article? Well they are. Watermelon seeds are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that’s also found in tomatoes. They contain high levels of magnesium and zinc, as well.
Watermelon seeds are very low in calories. At the same time, they pack a lot of energy, making them an excellent choice for people who are convalescing or fatigued. They’re also great on those days when you feel too tired to get out of bed.
How do you make tea from watermelon seeds to detox your kidneys?It’s really very simple. This medicinal tea is excellent for anyone who’s suffering from kidney problems and even recurrent urinary tract infections. Pay attention to the following steps.
- 1.5 oz of watermelon seeds (try to use organic watermelon)
- 1 liter of water
- 6 oz of watermelon, cut into pieces
- The first step is to boil the liter of water. While it’s boiling, use a mortar and pestle to grind the watermelon seeds into a fine pulp to make cooking them a little easier.
- Add them to the boiling water, and allow them to cook for half an hour. Remove them from the heat and let the mixture steep for another hour as it cools. Strain off the liquid and reserve your medicinal water.
- What’s next? Process the sliced watermelon and tea in the blender. Store this mixture in the refrigerator, preferably in a glass bottle to keep it from any other strong flavors.
How should you drink tea made from watermelon seeds?
- You should drink this tea at room temperature. Have the first cup in the morning on an empty stomach, and the subsequent cups half an hour after you eat. Follow this treatment two days a week until you achieve the desired results.
- It’s important that you don’t add sugar to your tea. If you still need sweetener, you can add a tablespoon of honey. We should also point out that while you might only find the fruit in grocery stores during watermelon season, you can always find watermelon seeds in health food stores throughout the year.
- See how this treatment goes for you. Remember to never exceed the recommended 1.5 oz of watermelon seeds. Tea is the best way to consume the watermelon seeds, because they might not be digested well if you simply eat them raw.
In conclusion, now you know how you can use watermelon seeds to detox your kidneys! Try it out and see how it goes!