How to Lose Weight with the Watermelon Diet
This is known as one of the healthiest diets around. Not only because it brings great results, but because the dietary plan includes other foods that provide the energy that your body needs from day to day.
It also allows for weight loss without negatively affecting your health.
Weight Loss Properties of Watermelon
Watermelon is characterized by its high water content and low calories. That’s why it is a great ally for weight loss and for developing the figure you want. Here is a list of watermelon’s properties and benefits for weight loss:
- Diuretic and blood tonic. This means it eases liquid and waste elimination from the body.
- Hypocaloric. Every 100 grams of watermelon has 7 grams of sugar and 32 calories.
- Great source of water. One of its primary characteristics is that it is a great source of water. Watermelon is 90 to 95% water. That is why watermelon is a natural and strong thirst quencher.
- Rich source of fiber. This makes it perfect for maintaining good digestive function.
- Fit for diabetics. Watermelon is fit for people with diabetes because it is low in carbohydrates and sugars.
How to Follow the Watermelon Diet
The watermelon diet is perfect for losing weight quickly and healthily. Before you begin, though, it is important to point out that you should only stick to this diet for 5 days. Otherwise, you could experience negative symptoms like a rebound effect.
Pregnant women should avoid this diet altogether, as well as children and people with liver problems.
If you are thinking of starting this diet, it’s important for you to stay willing and dedicated. This implies sticking to the following meal plan:
- Day 1: one cup of coffee or tea, 2 whole grain crackers, one carton of plain yogurt, and one slice of watermelon.
- Day 2: one cup of coffee with skim milk and 1 piece of whole-grain toast with light cheese spread.
- Day 3: one cup of coffee or tea, 1 piece of whole-grain toast or 1 cracker, 2 slices of ham or turkey meat, and 1 slice of watermelon.
- Day 4: one cup of tea, 2 whole-grain crackers, one carton of plain yogurt, and one slice of watermelon.
- Day 5: one cup of coffee with skim milk and no sugar, 2 whole-grain crackers, and one slice of watermelon.
You might like:
The 6 Best Breakfast Options to Lose Weight the Healthy Way
Throughout the five days that this die lasts, you should eat as much watermelon as you want at mid-morning. This means eating no less than 2 slices. You should also make watermelon juice and drink it 10 minutes before lunch.
- Day 1: one grilled veal fillet, one plate of broccoli or another vegetable, one tablespoon of olive oil and one carton of plain yogurt.
- Day 2: one plate of boiled cauliflower, 2 baked chicken thighs and one carton of plain yogurt.
- Day 3: one serving of grilled fish or shrimp, one plate of grilled mushrooms or another vegetable, and one carton of plain yogurt.
- Day 4: one grilled veal fillet, one serving of whole-grain rice and one carton of plain yogurt.
- Day 5: one serving of pumpkin or carrot puree, one serving of grilled chicken breast, and one carton of plain yogurt.
You should eat an afternoon snack during each of the five days this diet lasts. You can either have 2 or more watermelon slices or a large glass of watermelon juice with no added sugar.
You might like:
The Best Smoothies to Drink in the Afternoon
- Day 1: one grilled hake fillet, one plate of garlic sauteed artichokes, and one slice of watermelon.
- Day 2: one bowl of fat-free vegetable soup, one slice of baked fish with lemon, and one slice of watermelon.
- Day 3: one fillet of grilled chicken breast, one vegetable salad, one tablespoon of olive oil, and one slice of watermelon.
- Day 4: one serving of vegetable puree, one tortilla filled with asparagus or spinach, and one slice of watermelon.
- Day 5: one plate of leek puree with a bit of grated cheese, one grilled hake fillet, and one slice of watermelon.
Things to Keep in Mind
Remember that you should not follow this diet for over five days because it could have secondary side effects on your health. It’s best to follow the diet step by step for the recommended 5-day period.
After you have finished the watermelon diet, you should adhere to a healthy diet, free of fatty foods and junk food in general. You should also opt for starting a routine of healthy exercises and drinking more water every day.It might interest you...