Some Great Yogurt Smoothies for a Snack!
Yogurt smoothies are a delicious and healthy snack option. Although their caloric content varies depending on the ingredients you use, they’re usually low in calories and don’t negatively affect your diet. Would you like to learn how to make them?
Yogurt is a dairy product that goes very well with ingredients like fruit. Thanks to the fact that they contain probiotics, proteins, vitamins, and minerals, they’re healthy alternatives that can help you maintain a healthy weight. Furthermore, they promote well-being in many other ways.
However, it’s important to clarify that their properties vary depending on their quality. Thus, it’s best to go for plain or Greek yogurt, as their nutritional intake is superior to sugary and processed yogurts.
Nutritional facts of yogurt
The different varieties of yogurt have several nutritional differences. Many contain more probiotics than others. However, in general, 100 grams (4 oz) of yogurt provides:
- 3.5 g of protein
- 4.7 g of carbohydrates
- 3.3 g of fat
- 180 mg of calcium
- 240 mg of potassium
- 17 mg of magnesium
- Vitamins: vitamin A and B vitamins
- Other minerals such as potassium, zinc, and iodine
In addition, it’s an ideal food for people who are trying to lose weight, since a 250 ml serving contains approximately 150 calories.
Discover: 5 Protein Shakes and Smoothies to Improve Your Workouts
Why you should drink satiating yogurt smoothies
Yogurt smoothies are healthy snacks that help control cravings. Unlike other snacks, they contain fewer calories and have a superior nutritional value. In addition, thanks to their protein content, they help prolong the feeling of fullness.
In fact, studies suggest that snacking on yogurt can help people consume up to 100 fewer calories at dinner. Therefore, it’s an excellent option for those who want to maintain their figure without starving themselves.
In addition, this food may help protect the immune system, regulate gut microbiota, and keep the bones and teeth in good condition. In fact, it’s even useful to relieve some common digestive problems, such as constipation.
Yogurt smoothie recipes to snack on
In order to make these yogurt smoothies as healthy as possible, it’s important for you to choose nutrient-rich ingredients. While you may be tempted to add some creams and additives to make them taste better, it’s best to opt for low-calorie options.
For example, fresh fruits, seeds, and nuts. Below, we share some options that you’ll surely love. Take note!
Yogurt, soy milk, and orange smoothie
The best way to tame your hunger is by consuming healthy sources of protein. For this reason, one of the yogurt smoothies that we propose in this short list contains soy milk. This is one of the best sources of vegetable protein. Also, it’s very low in calories.
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (125 ml)
- 1 glass of plain yogurt (200 ml)
- 1 orange
- Flax seeds (10 g)
- Firstly, peel the orange, chop it into several quarters, and put them in the blender.
- Next, add the soy milk and plain yogurt.
- Blend for a few minutes, until you get a creamy drink.
- Then, add the flax seeds, preferably ground.
- Consume your fresh smoothie.
This article may also interest you: Lose Weight the Easy Way with These Homemade Smoothies
Yogurt and banana smoothie
This delicious smoothie not only helps tame your hunger, but it’s digestive and its components help fight fluid retention. Furthermore, it’s energizing, as it contains carbohydrates and proteins.
- 1 glass of plain or Greek yogurt (200 ml)
- 1 ripe banana
- Crushed nuts (to taste)
- Firstly, pour the plain yogurt into the blender.
- Next, cut the ripe banana into several pieces and add it to the blender.
- Blend for a few minutes, until you get a smooth, lump-free drink.
- Finally, sprinkle some crushed nuts on top.
Yogurt and strawberry smoothie
Strawberries are low in calories and sugar. In addition, they contain antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that complement the properties of yogurt. Thus, this is one of the most satiating snacks.
- 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (100 g)
- 1 glass of plain yogurt (200 ml)
- Soaked chia seeds (15 g)
- Before preparing the recipe, you must soak the chia seeds for at least two hours. Once they acquire a gelatinous texture, they’re ready to use.
- To make the smoothie, put the chopped strawberries and yogurt in the blender.
- Then, blend at maximum speed until the ingredients are well-integrated.
- Finally, serve the smoothie and add the soaked chia seeds.
Have you tried these yogurt smoothies before? As you can see, they’re delicious and easy to make. Don’t hesitate to incorporate them into your diet to benefit from their properties.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ortinau, L. C., Culp, J. M., Hoertel, H. A., Douglas, S. M., & Leidy, H. J. (2013). The effects of increased dietary protein yogurt snack in the afternoon on appetite control and eating initiation in healthy women. Nutrition Journal. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-12-71
- Pei, R., Martin, D. A., DiMarco, D. M., & Bolling, B. W. (2017). Evidence for the effects of yogurt on gut health and obesity. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2014.883356
- Meydani, S. N., & Ha, W. K. (2000). Immunologic effects of yogurt. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1089/ast.2015.1406