Self-Discovery Can Be Synonymous with Happiness
Are you a happy person? Would you like to be happier?
If you get to really know who you are and what you’re like, you’ll be taking a very important step.
You’ll truly be the architect of your life and obtain well being and be on the way to reaching your potential, and also reaching self-discovery.
The concept of happiness
Happiness is a state of well being, personal satisfaction, and wholeness. More so, in this state, a person feels content, full, able to face anything.
Experts agree that one of the most important keys to being happy is full self-discovery. Likewise, another key is being conscious of your identity, values, assets, and abilities.
The key to being happy through self-discovery
The first step to being happy is becoming conscious of the fact that you are the owner of your life. This is how you realize you’re a living miracle and that you are full of abundance and possibilities to grow.
Observe your own thoughts. Witness these thoughts, your feelings and the results. Don’t judge yourself too harshly, just observe.
We recommend: Whoever Judges My Path Should Walk in My Shoes
Change your thoughts
Once you detect a negative thought, replace it by a different thought and observe its impact. The key is happiness instead of fear.
In other words, instead of focusing on your fears and making them bigger, connect yourself to happiness by being alive and analyzing what that allows you to do.
Steps towards self-discovery
It has been shown that managing, controlling, and handling your emotions helps you achieve happiness. In other words, your happiness can be measured by your interpretation of what happens to you.
Things are constantly happening to you. Some are more sad, others happier, but what happens to you isn’t what’s important. How you interpret it and react to it is.
This interpretation is influenced by factors such as how you manage your emotions, and the way you think of yourself and interact with your reality, the environment that surrounds you and, above all, your reaction.
Happiness isn’t doing what you want all the time, but rather wanting what you do. Every day, try to enjoy the circumstances life hands you. You should understand that well being isn’t the same as happiness; happiness is an attitude.
There are times you’re happy remembering events that you’ve enjoyed in the past. It has been proven that those memories change your brain chemistry.
The key to your happiness begins with feeding your brain positive memories. That way, just by remembering happy moments, you can change your mood by changing your secretion of serotonin.
It’s important to get up in the morning with a goal. It’s doesn’t matter if it’s big or small. With motivation, your day can be different.
Negative thoughts change your internal world. That’s where you manage your emotions, live the here and now optimistically, and generate positive thoughts.
These positive thoughts will help you secrete the endorphins necessary to change your health and environment. It helps your love life, too!
Discover: 8 Things You and Your Partner Should Know About Love
A few necessary words
Some of the words that will change the way you see the world the most are: please, thank you, and I’m sorry. Language is how you express yourself to the world and set up how you’ll face your day.
- Please, opens the door to interaction with the other person.
- Thank you, implies thankfulness, which is your heart’s memory.
- I’m sorry, works like therapy, understanding the things you’ve gone through, forgiving yourself and others.
Advice for self-discovery
- Really get to know yourself. When you know yourself, you understand yourself, accept yourself, and start improving yourself. It’s not possible to better yourself or change something if you don’t know who you are.
- Avoid exaggerated self-criticism and that ever-present perfectionism. Hyper-perfectionist people are always dissatisfied, and that makes them negative.
- It has been shown that dissatisfied people get sick more often and get migraines more often than people who accept their situations.
- It’s important to encourage positive self-dialogue to support yourself.
- They say that in order to be happy, you should be willing to fail. By doing this, you realize what is actually important and what isn’t.
It’s important to set goals step by step. In other words, visualize your main goals and set smaller goals. By reaching your small goals, you’ll slowly but steadily get to the big one.
Every day, work on reaching your small goals in order to reach your main one. Most importantly, never lose your internal self-motivation.
Are you ready to embark on the path to happiness?