Your hair is exposed to factors that weaken and damage it daily, making it look less beautiful. When problems first start, you’ll experience itching on the scalp, annoying dandruff, and hair that generally looks dull and thin. Luckily, all of these problems are easily solved to get back smooth, beautiful and healthy hair.
The first secret to healthy hair is a healthy scalp. When our scalp is healthy, it’s easy to get your hair looking fabulous. That’s why we’re going to show you some of the best kept secrets for a healthy scalp and a head of full, healthy hair.
When the problem is a dry scalp, we experienc itching and dandruff. No one likes the flakes of dead skin that appear as a result. Ignoring the problem can make it worse.
- Mix ten drops of pure lavender essential oil with an ounce of almond or jojoba oil. Gently massage into the scalp with circular motions for 5 minutes.
- For sensitive scalps, massage using only jojoba oil for five minutes before showering.
- In addition, you should increase your intake of omega-3, a fatty acid found in fish and vegetables.
Thick or normal hair usually has fewer problems than other types. However, it’s not a bad idea to occasionally treat normal hair to a good strengthening treatment.
How do I treat normal hair?
- After shampooing, take a tablespoon of olive oil and apply it to the entire scalp and hair, from the roots to the tips. Then wrap the hair in plastic or cover with a bonnet. Let work for 10 or 15 minutes, then rinse with plenty of water and apply conditioner as usual.
It’s said we have thin hair when it loses its strength and thickness, becoming more prone to falling out. This problem can be the result of a poor diet, vitamin deficiency, improper hair care, and some endocrine disorders.
- Heat ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and dilute with ½ cup water and apply to the scalp in gentle motions. Cover the hair with plastic and let work for 30 to 40 minutes. Apple cider vinegar helps restore the scalp’s pH balance.
Brittle hair can be the result of poor nutrition, vitamin deficiency, sun exposure, using hair dryers, curling irons, rollers, and mistreatment, to name a few. When your hair is brittle, it tends to fall out easier and grow in more slowly.
- To strengthen brittle hair, massage a small amount of coconut oil into the scalp and hair and let sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Ideally, you should wrap the hair and leave sit for the recommended amount of time before rinsing.
- Include more of the following foods in your diet: lean meats, fish, low fat cheese, egg whites, spinach, soy, oranges and strawberries, among others.
Dandruff is produced when an excessive growth of bacteria causes dead skin cells to accumulate on the scalp. It can appear in both oily and dry scalp types.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree, eucalyptus or bergamot essential oil with one ounce of jojoba or almond oil, then massage into the scalp with gentle circular motions before showering.
- If you’re looking for a leave-in treatment, mix a small amount of witch hazel with some mouthwash and rub into the scalp after shampooing and conditioning.
- For best results, be sure to include foods rich in zinc in your diet like clams, crab, lean meats, lobster, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds and salmon.