It might surprise you to learn that there are very few medicinal plants that are as beneficial as sage. Its name comes from its Latin root, which means “to heal or to save”. Traditionally, it was also associated with women, as it is very fitting for regulating menstrual cycles, reducing the effects of menopause, and of course…helping delineate the feminine figure, especially in the belly. Would you like to know how?
Although sage is an aromatic plant that is habitually used in cooking, it contains authentically beneficial properties that have been known since antiquity. What we mean to say is that not only will it help reduce your belly, but it will also improve your digestion, prevent inflammation, and it will help you relax…Let’s see more below.
Sage, the woman’s plant
- It is an anti-inflammatory, which helps reduce joint pain in the wrist, fingers, ankles…It’s good for arthritis, as well as in rheumatic processes.
- Sage is also a great antioxidant. It prevent the oxidation of several molecules and helps cellular oxygenation.
- It is also an excellent diuretic, preventing the accumulation of fluids.
- Helps with the memory. In fact, a lot of sage substances are used to create medicines used to treat Alzheimer’s.
- Sage is a wonderful relaxer. If you drink a sage infusion at night, it will help you get to sleep.
- Sage is an anti-spasmodic and antiseptic. It is frequently used to treat respiratory or digestive problems.
- Another piece of information to keep in mind is that it is very useful in treating and caring for the skin, alleviates ulcers, wounds, abscess, skin infections…creating tonics is very effective.
- Sage is also useful for regulating menstrual cycles, if you are behind.
- It is a perfect ally for alleviating menopause symptoms.
How can it help to have a flat belly?
Sage has, above all, a cleansing effect, it dissolves fats, reduces swelling in the abdomen, prevents constipation, and it detoxifies. When taken regularly, it will soften the size of your belly, reducing inflammation and burning the fat situated there.
Sage syrup for a flat belly
- To create this syrup, you will need sage leaves and lemon. You can find the sage in herb stores or natural food stores. It’s always best to get natural sage sold in the classic tiny bags for infusions.
- Drink the sage syrup for 4 continuous days, and twice a month. During those days you’ll have to follow a low-fat diet, with plenty of salads and fiber. Avoid eating meat, sweets, processed foods. Remember, only four days, and be careful about what you eat, just fruits, vegetables, fiber and sage syrup.
- Drink the sage syrup three times a day. At breakfast, and before your two main meals.
- You should prepare the syrup fresh with each cup. This means, always drink it when freshly prepared. For this, take six sage leaves and add them to a glass of boiling water. Bring to a boil and then, allow to cool for five minutes.
- Then, add the juice from half of one lemon.
- Mix the sage infusion with the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Lastly, add two tablespoons of honey.
- Drink when warm, an entire glass as soon as you wake up. Accompany your breakfast with an apple and a piece of oatmeal toast.
- Before your main meal, prepare another sage syrup. You could also make a spinach salad with walnuts and beets. This will give you a lot of nutrients and proteins, and the sage syrup will help improve your digestion.
- Do the same for dinner. Prepare the syrup and drink ten minutes prior to dinner. For dinner, eat baked eggplant, and a papaya for dessert. Both foods are cleansing, low-fat, and have enough vitamins. Sage will also help you rest better. If you get hungry between meals, eat a piece of fruit, like an apple, for example.
- Remember that this is a restrictive diet that you only need to follow for four days and twice a month. Little by little you will see how your belly becomes firm and flat.