How to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Premature Wrinkles on Your Face
Wrinkles are women's worst nightmares. In this article, discover some natural remedies that may helo reduce your risk of getting premature wrinkles.
People start to have wrinkles on their face earlier than expected due to many reasons such as a lack of vitamins, tobacco, low moisture, and environmental pollution. Learn how to reduce your risk of getting premature wrinkles and show off a beautiful face at any age in this article.
Is it just genetics’ fault?
Some lucky people don’t have wrinkles until after the age of 60, but not everyone is that lucky. Genes are (partly) responsible for how your skin looks, but the environment, diet, exercise, and habits can also influence this.
There’s no miracle nor secret formula (despite how creams or lotions are sold), but rather some procedures that may help improve your overall appearance.
Discover: How Anti-wrinkle Creams Work
When your skin is “young”, it’s characterized by a good texture, firmness, and natural moisture. As time goes by, the dermis is affected by various causes. The factors that most affect your skin’s health and thus allow wrinkles to appear prematurely are:
- Your overall health: This has repercussions on your skin.
- Your mental peace: It has been proven that stress, depression, and sadness age and affect the skin.
- A lack of vitamins in your diet.
- Excess consumption of various products (such as alcohol, caffeine, refined sugar, and tobacco).
- Overexposure to the sun (especially during unadvised hours at midday in summer).
- Environmental pollution (living in a big city, walking on streets full of cars, etc.).
- Not taking enough care of your skin (not hydrating, washing, nor moisturizing).
- Poor diets (those miracles ones that claim that you can lose 20 pounds in one week).
- Not drinking enough water (2 liters in the winter and 3 in the summer every day).
Tips to help you reduce your risk of getting wrinkles
With these tips, you may notice younger, more natural, and blemish-free skin:
Take care of your skin
Do a deep cleanse once a week and other more “basic” ones every night, where you’ll eliminate toxins that build up (smog, cigarette smoke, makeup, etc).
In the morning, moisturize well so that you go outside protected for at least a few hours. Choose a home treatment, soaps, and neutral products and use them every day.
Be careful with your diet
Whatever you eat has an effect on your skin. There are some foods that are recommended to help slow down aging like those that have a lot of vitamin C (citrus fruits especially) because they help create more elastin and collagen. There are also popular “antioxidants” like spinach, tomato, broccoli, avocado, grapes, etc.
Avoid abrupt weight changes
These have negative effects on your skin. So, if you’re on a weight loss or gain plan, the results should be gradual. The skin stretches or shrinks according to your diet and this makes it lose its natural elasticity which is why your wrinkles probably won’t take long to appear.
Protect your skin from UV rays
The dermis suffers greatly from the sun, especially your face because it’s the most exposed. It gets external attacks every day from ultraviolet rays.
If you want to reduce your risk of getting premature wrinkles from appearing, try to not expose yourself too much to the sun. If you do so, don’t forget to put on a good SPF of at least 30.
This is one of many health problems that cigarettes cause. Tobacco is very dangerous to the skin because the smoke contains toxins that harm it and may cause premature aging. People who smoke tend to have more “dull” or wrinkled skin. Also, wrinkles form around the lips because of the suction people do when they smoke
Natural home remedies to reduce your risk of premature wrinkles
- Mix beer yeast with water and yogurt or wheat germ. Spread on your expression lines with light taps. Let dry and then rinse off.
- Put castor oil on your eyes’ contours very gently to help fight crow’s feet, which are what the wrinkles in this area are known as.
- Gently massage your wrinkles every day with avocado oil or cocoa butter.
- Cut several white grapes in half and remove the seeds. Spread them over your mouth and eyes. Let the juice dry before putting on makeup. You can also make a smoothie with grapes and apply it to your face. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, three tablespoons of honey, and half a teaspoon of bee pollen. Wet your face well with warm water (don’t forget your neck) and cover it with this preparation. Wait five minutes and rinse.
- Make a homemade anti-wrinkle cream with three tablespoons of olive oil, a half teaspoon of cocoa butter, a tablespoon of beeswax, and two tablespoons of rose water. Heat the wax, oil, and butter in a bain-marie. When it melts, turn off the heat and let cool. Add the rose water and stir until you get a homogenous mixture. Apply at night.
Read more here: 4 Simple Face Masks to Treat Wrinkles
Images courtesy of Mahmoud99725, MonkeyMyshkin, Lindsey Turner, Amanda, Wouter Verhelst, and Heather.