Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles around Your Mouth with This Homemade Cream
The skin around your lips is slightly more sensitive than the skin on the rest of the face. That’s why it’s common to get some wrinkles around your mouth a bit prematurely.
Since you’re continuously exposed to the sun’s rays, toxins, and other things that are harmful for your skin, your skin may develop unwelcome abnormalities. This happens when it loses collagen and elastin. Although these abnormalities occur differently in each case, many people are often seeking ways to reduce their appearance.
Luckily, there’s currently a wide variety of cosmetic treatments that nourish the skin. These may reduce the appearance of wrinkles around your mouth keeping it looking more youthful.
However, some products on the market are quite expensive. Most of us can’t afford to purchase them regularly if the price is too high.
That’s why today we want to share a natural recipe with you. This great remedy mixes ingredients that offer similar effects as those on the market for a more accessible price.
It’s a homemade cream that you can make with beeswax, almond oil, and other beneficial compounds made to work on the appearance of the wrinkles around your mouth.
Try it out!
Homemade cream to improve the appearance of wrinkles around your mouth
This cream is a 100% natural product. It combines the benefits of several healthy ingredients for the skin. These extra nutrients and protective substances can help your skin look more youthful.
It contains Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and powerful antioxidants that help minimize the negative effects of free radicals. Thus, it prevents the deterioration of the cells in this area of the face.
Moreover, this homemade cream is a powerful natural moisturizer. Moisturizers help prevent dryness and slow the loss of collagen and elastin.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of its individual ingredients before talking about how to make it.
The benefits of beeswax
It consists mainly of long-chain hydrocarbons, including paraffins and oleins.
Beeswax has been used as a natural cosmetic ingredient for years. People have valued it because it regulates the pH of the skin, prevents infections, and may create a protective barrier against agents that cause aging.
Applying beeswax to the skin reduces the presence of impurities and dead cells. Thus, it optimizes the process of cell oxygenation.
The benefits of almond oil
First of all, the fatty acids found in almond oil easily penetrate the pores of the skin to give you extra moisture and softness.
It contains vitamins A and E, which act as antioxidants and natural anti-inflammatory agents. These vitamins, as well as the minerals in almond oil, may help to counteract the negative effects of toxins on your skin.
In addition, this oil also improves blood circulation and facilitates the cleaning of dead cells. As you can imagine, this is key to improving the appearance of your skin as you age.
The benefits of rose essential oil
one a natural product that some naturalists recommend for taking care the face
Also Read: 8 Foods that Replenish the Skin
Moreover, it stands out for its moisturizing and rejuvenating power, ideal for minimizing the appearance of spots, scars and signs of aging.
Rose oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E and other antioxidant agents.
How to prepare this homemade cream
Make sure you get ingredients of the highest quality to ensure that you’re getting the most benefit out of them.
- 12 tablespoons of beeswax (120 g)
- 1 cups of almond oil (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons of essential rose oil (30 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of rose water (15 ml)
- First, put the beeswax in a heat-resistant container and pour it into a double boiler.
- Once the beeswax has melted, add the almond oil and the rose oil.
- Then, remove everything with a wooden utensil.
- Finally, add the rose water.
- While it’s setting, and before it solidifies, pour it into an airtight glass jar and store it in a dark place.
Also Read: Homemade Cream for Cracked Heels
How to apply it
- Take the necessary amount of cream and rub it on the edge of your mouth with a gentle massage.
- Allow the skin to absorb it without trying to rinse it off.
- Use it every night to get positive results.
Easy, right? If you follow these instructions you’ll discover that you can prepare a skin cream to improve the wrinkles around your mouth without the need to spend a whole lot of money.
Give it a try. We know you’ll love it!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- La Cera de Abeja un producto útil y valioso. Consultado el día 12 de enero de
2017. De la World Wide Web: http://www.fao.org/docrep/008/y5110s/y5110s07.htm
- Morgan, J.Townley, S. y Smith, R. (01 April 2002). Measurement of physical and
mechanical properties of beeswax.MaterialsScience and Technology, (18), 463.
- Ahmad, Z. (2010). The uses and properties of almond oil. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctcp.2009.06.015
- Casetti, F., Wölfle, U., Gehring, W., & Schempp, C. M. (2011). Dermocosmetics for dry skin: A new role for botanical extracts. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology. https://doi.org/10.1159/000329214
- Wei, A., & Shibamoto, T. (2007). Antioxidant activities and volatile constituents of various essential oils. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf062959x