Spider veins, also known as varicose veins, are dilated veins that have become inflamed. They’re easily noticeable under the skin and can be a real beauty problem for both men and women.
Most people try to find a solution to this condition due to the negative impact it has on their appearance, as they’re noticeable in different areas of they body.
What few people realize is that they can also indicate potential health problems as they’re a sign of poor circulation that can be accompanied by other symptoms like heaviness, pain and fatigue in the legs.
Treating this condition early on is a key factor in preventing the development of flebitis, a more severe form of varicose veins that causes a complete blockage of a vein, leading to blood clots and serious complications.
There are currently many products on the market that can improve and even cure this problem in no time. However, they can be expensive and almost always offer partial results.
For this reason, alternative treatments from natural medicine are recommended as they take advantage of the power of nature to improve this condition.
Today, we’re going to share a treatment based on red and green tomatoes which has been providing many people with relief for some time now.
Don’t wait to try it!
Visit this article: Powerful Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Cure spider veins with tomatoes
Tomatoes are one of the most famous vegetables and are used worldwide. In fact, they’re the main ingredient in many dishes around the world.
Because they’ve been used in cuisine for so long, their high nutritional content is no secret. However, many people are not aware of the properties that make them useful in alternative treatments and few imagine them as a health aid.
In the case of spider veins, they’ve earned a special place as their seeds contain an acidic substance with properties similar to aspirin, which works as an anticoagulant, improving blood flow.
They’re also loaded with flavonoids, antioxidant compounds that strengthen blood vessels.
Green tomato treatment
- Before you start, wash the tomatoes thoroughly to make sure they’re completely clean. This variety of tomato is green in color, but they are actually ripe.
- Cut them into slices, then apply them to the affected areas on the legs, including the areas with smaller spider veins which can accumulate.
- Use a bandage to cover the entire area to hold the tomatoes in place and give them time to work.
- When you feel a slight tingle or burning sensation, that means it’s time to remove the bandage.
- Rinse the area with plenty of warm water and carefully pat dry.
Repeat this treatment up to 5 times a day for the quickest results.
Red tomato treatment
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut into slices.
- Apply the tomato slices over the affected veins and cover with a bandage to hold them in place.
- Let them work for 4 hours, then swap them out for new slices and let work for 4 more hours.
You can use this treatment every night to see results in just a few weeks.
To effectively diminish the symptoms of this condition, you’ll need to supplement these treatments with a healthy, balanced diet.
Omega 3 fatty acids
Our bodies cannot produce this type of healthy fat, so we need to get it through our diet.
This nutrient keeps the blood vessels elastic and also possesses an anti-inflammatory action that helps improve blood flow.
Recommended foods include:
- Sunflower and olive oils
- Flax seeds
Selenium is an antioxidant that prevents hardening of the tissues in the body and keeps the blood vessels walls flexible.
It’s found in:
- Brewer’s yeast
Also read: 5 Foods that Help Your Memory
You need this essential nutrient in your diet as it improves circulation and oxygenation of the blood, which helps prevent clots from forming.
It’s found in:
- Dairy products
- White meats
- Coconut and olive oil
- Whole grains