By including ingredients that are rich in fiber, this smoothie is perfect for improving any kind of digestive disorder, and promoting intestinal movement. That’s what makes it so perfect for helping to alleviate constipation and to treat bloating.
Have you tried everything to get rid of the bloating you feel throughout the day, which prevents you from carrying out your daily activities?
Only people that suffer from this problem truly know just how much it affects their routine. They’ve likely become used to this continuous discomfort.
In this article, we are going to suggest a simple solution that consists of drinking a pear and kiwi smoothie every morning. It will help improve your intestinal movement while also fighting fluid retention.
Is there nothing out there that can fix this bloating?
The main problem in treating this condition is that so many different things can cause it. You’ll need to keep these things in mind if you want to put an end to your bloating for once and for all:
- Intolerance to certain foods that you may not be digesting correctly. The most common of these foods are gluten and lactose. There are people, however, that can’t digest fruits or vegetables well, or nuts, etc.
- Excessive raw foods, or lots of flatulent foods, like lettuce, cabbage, onion, mushrooms, legumes, etc.
- Eating in an unhealthy fashion, while in a hurry, talking, standing, and not chewing foods properly.
- Drinking too much water during a meal. You should drink your water beforehand, between meals, and in the mornings.
- Combining too many foods with different digestibility levels. The worst thing you could do would be to combine dairy with fruit. It’s best to eat these items outside of main meals, like during breakfast or for a snack.
- Stress and nervous or emotional disorders.
- Digestive disorders. It’s obvious that individuals suffering from bloating experience this because of some sort of digestive disorder. However, you should see a doctor to rule out problems that require treatment, like bacteria or parasites, gastritis, chronic constipation, etc.
Benefits of pears that help to treat bloating
Pears are one of the most effective foods in reducing bloating when caused by fluid retention, as they are made up of 80% water.
Their high potassium content and low sodium content make it a highly beneficial fruit for reducing one’s size, and also generally in weight loss diets.
Their diuretic properties are also strengthened by their arginine, arbutin, ascorbic acid and other nutrients.
While they reduce bloating, they also contain pectin, which is a soluble fiber that facilitates intestinal movement.
Benefits of kiwi that help to treat bloating
Kiwi is a highly popular fruit used as a remedy against constipation. This is because of its high fiber content, which facilitates bowel movements without irritating the intestinal tract, unlike other laxatives.
So if your intestines start functioning correctly, you’ll prevent habitual inflammation that a lot of people suffer from, which is also how it helps to treat bloating.
Kiwi is also one of the highest vitamin C-containing fruits around, even more so than lemon or oranges.
It’s best to consume kiwi every morning before breakfast. But by using our pear and kiwi smoothie, you’ll strengthen these effects while also enjoying a delicious breakfast.
How to prepare the smoothie
The amount of smoothie you’ll want to prepare will depend on how hungry you are, along with your body composition and lifestyle. This smoothie is beneficial even in weight loss diets, which means it shouldn’t be setting you back in that aspect.
These amounts are approximate:
- 1 large, ripe pear. If organic, include the peel.
- 2 ripe kiwis
- A pinch of powdered ginger.
- 1/2 glass water (100 mL)
- If you’d like to sweeten it a bit, use honey or stevia.
Blend all ingredients into an even mixture.
When should I drink it?
To eliminate bloating you should ideally drink this smoothie every morning, freshly prepared, as your breakfast. Always do this a little while after drinking lemon water before breakfast—this is a miracle cure.
If you’re still hungry or if you want something solid, you can eat a while after breakfast. But always remember the advice given in the first paragraph. You can also make however much of the smoothie you would like, and you could even drink it throughout the morning.
It’s a good idea to be strict with this remedy for at least a month. Afterwards, drink it as you feel necessary. You can simply see what feels best for you.