Pasta with Avocado Sauce: A Delicious Recipe
Pasta with avocado sauce is a very easy dish to prepare. It’s made with natural ingredients that can be included in the context of a balanced and healthy diet. It provides a good quantity of essential nutrients which are vital to ensure that our body functions optimally as the years go by.
Before we start, it’s good to emphasize that our main sources of carbohydrates should be rice, tubers, legumes, and wholemeal cereals, like oats. This doesn’t preclude the occasional consumption of pasta. The glycemic index of this product is a little higher, but this will be fine if we consume it within the context of regular physical activity.
How to prepare pasta with avocado sauce
Preparing this delicious pasta with avocado sauce is very simple and fast. You can make it when you’re a little pushed for time, but still want to make a healthy and well-balanced dish.
If you want to prepare a delicious recipe, you’ll need the following products:
- 300 grams (10 oz) of tagliatelle
- Crumbled fresh cheese
- Chopped green onions or chives
- 3 avocados (2 ripe ones for the sauce)
- Coriander for the garnish
- 12 hatch green chilies without the seeds
- 10 tomatoes
- 2 heads of garlic
- 3 scallions or green onion sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small bunch of coriander for the sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
Step by step
- Place the ingredients for the sauce (chiles, tomatoes, garlic, ripe avocados, scallions, olive oil, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt) in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Put the sauce in a bowl and place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. This will keep it fresh while the pasta is being made.
- Then cook the tagliatelle according to the manufacturer’s instructions. They shouldn’t be too soft. It’s recommended that the cooking is always carried out in salted water.
- When they’re ready, drain them and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the avocado sauce and mix it with the pasta.
- Place crumbled fresh cheese, a chopped green onion, and even another diced avocado on top when serving.
You may also be interested in: Wonderful Avocado Remedies for Your Body Inside and Out
The benefits of pasta with avocado sauce
The inclusion of pasta with avocado sauce in the context of a balanced and varied diet can have a number of health benefits. However, you need to ensure that there are no deficits in essential nutrients. Otherwise, the body could suffer as it carries out its physiological processes, leading to the development of chronic and complex pathologies.
First of all, it’s important to mention the presence of high-quality unsaturated fatty acids in this recipe. These elements have been shown to control inflammation levels in the body.
They can even help to prevent the development of cardiovascular pathologies. One of the key points in this regard has to do with the maintenance of omega 3 and omega 6 ratios, and it’s important to reduce the presence of processed foods in the diet to ensure this.
Moreover, this recipe has substantial fiber content. This substance helps maintain good intestinal health, according to a study published in the journal Nature Reviews. It helps to prevent problems such as constipation and allows the growth of healthy bacteria that live in the intestine, which serve as energy substrates.
Finally, pasta with avocado sauce is a dish that’s particularly suitable for athletes, as it contains a significant amount of carbohydrates, key elements in the recovery process.
In addition, cheese provides proteins of high biological value. This optimizes the filling of glycogen deposits, as evidenced by research published in Nutrients.
A healthy diet
As you’ve seen, just a few ingredients and not much time are needed to prepare exquisite pasta with avocado sauce. It’s a dish that can be included without any problems in the context of a healthy and varied diet. Of course, you can always choose a variety of wholemeal pasta to increase the fiber content of the recipe, thus improving its properties.
Finally, bear in mind that when your objective is to maintain good health as the years go by, you don’t only need to eat well. You also need to ensure other healthy habits in life, such as the regular practice of physical exercise.
Above all, you need to prioritize strength training, as, in this way, you’ll gain muscle mass and ensure the internal balance of your body, which is fundamental to preventing the development of complex pathologies.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ishihara, T., Yoshida, M., & Arita, M. (2019). Omega-3 fatty acid-derived mediators that control inflammation and tissue homeostasis. International immunology, 31(9), 559–567. https://doi.org/10.1093/intimm/dxz001
- Gill, S. K., Rossi, M., Bajka, B., & Whelan, K. (2021). Dietary fibre in gastrointestinal health and disease. Nature reviews. Gastroenterology & hepatology, 18(2), 101–116. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41575-020-00375-4
- Alghannam, A. F., Gonzalez, J. T., & Betts, J. A. (2018). Restoration of Muscle Glycogen and Functional Capacity: Role of Post-Exercise Carbohydrate and Protein Co-Ingestion. Nutrients, 10(2), 253. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10020253