Fine hair is the result of a gradual weakening of the hair follicle due to stress, environmental toxins and harsh chemicals. While it can sometimes be genetic, it’s most often the direct result of neglect, hormonal imbalances and other factors that directly alter the scalp and strands.
This not only causes the hair to have less volume, it also leads to excessive hair loss, dryness and sensitivity of the scalp. For this reason, it’s really important to nourish your hair and scalp with revitalizing products to restore shine and strength.
Below we’ll show you a 100% natural ingredient with properties to give your hair more volume without any undesirable side effects.
Give it a try!
A natural volumizer for fine hair
To restore hair’s natural strength and volume, we recommend an ingredient that’s found uses in many alternative cosmetic treatments: organic coconut oil.
This natural product obtained from coconut pulp contains medium chain fatty acids and powerful antioxidants that do a better job than other artificial products on the market.
It doesn’t contain any silicones and is free of alcohols. Its active compounds easily penetrate damaged strands to stimulate growth and repair.
Many use it as an alternative to conventional conditioners because its texture makes it easy to apply and it leaves a soft feel without altering your hair’s natural oils.
It possesses excellent moisturizing properties that reduce the appearance of dead cells, split ends and other problems associated with dry hair.
Its essential nutrients strengthen the roots, preventing hair loss and promoting healthy, natural growth.
It also contains antibacterial and antifungal substances that inhibit the growth of fungi and other microorganisms that live on the scalp.
It can be used to combat lice and nits, prevent premature greying and dull, weak hair.
How do you make coconut oil?
Coconut oil comes in many different forms, but it’s best to use unrefined, organic coconut oil. There are cheaper brands, but most do not have the properties that come with using the natural, unrefined product.
The recipe we’ll share below is really easy to make and is excellent for both volumizing hair and many other skin and health matters.
- 2 coconuts
- 1 grater
- 1 cloth strainer
- Put two openings into each coconut and extract the water contained within.
- Open the coconuts and extract the pulp and grate to obtain a fine paste.
- Put the pulp through a cloth strainer and squeeze all the milk out.
- Now add the coconut pulp to the water and allow it to absorb before squeezing again.
- Put the resulting milk into a saucepan over low heat and slowly stir with a wooden spoon.
- The heat will cause the oil and milk to separate (you can also use a colander to separate them).
- Store the oil in a glass container.
You should read: Natural Hair Loss Remedies
How do you use coconut oil to volumize fine hair?
To volumize fine hair with this all natural product, it must be used at least three times a week.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat in the microwave until melted.
- When it reaches a comfortable temperature, massage from the middle of the strands to the tips.
- Work a small amount towards the scalp and massage with your fingertips until it’s fully absorbed.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let work for at least 40 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of cool water, comb hair and let air dry.
After following this simple treatment for several weeks, you’ll be able to repair your hair, increase its volume and strength.
Your hair will immediately feel silkier and shinier. You’ll enjoy your new tangle-free mane.