A Natural Way to Give Fine Hair More Volume
On top of giving fine hair more volume, coconut oil nourishes and repairs hair, leaving it really shiny and not oily.
Fine hair is the result of a gradual weakening of the hair follicle due to stress, environmental toxins, and harsh chemicals. While it can sometimes be genetic, it’s most often the direct result of neglect, hormonal imbalances, and other factors that directly alter the scalp and strands.
This not only makes the hair have less volume. It also leads to excessive hair loss and dryness and scalp sensitivity. For this reason, it’s really important to nourish your hair and scalp with revitalizing products to restore shine and strength.
Is your hair really weak and dry? Does it look dull? Below, we’ll show you a 100% natural ingredient to give your hair more volume without any undesirable side effects.
A natural volumizer for fine hair
To restore hair’s natural strength and volume, we recommend an ingredient that’s used in many alternative cosmetic treatments: coconut oil.
This natural product that’s obtained from coconut pulp contains medium-chain fatty acids and powerful antioxidants that are good for your hair.
- It doesn’t contain any silicones and its active compounds easily penetrate damaged strands to stimulate repair.
- Its texture makes it easy to apply and it leaves your hair soft without altering its natural oils.
- Coconut oil also contains moisturizing properties that reduce the appearance of dead cells, split ends, and other problems associated with dry hair.
- Its essential nutrients strengthen the roots, preventing hair loss and promoting healthy, natural growth.
How to make coconut oil to add volume to fine hair
Although you can buy coconut oil at any store, you can also make it at home in a very easy way. You’ll see that the recipe we share below is very simple.
Besides being excellent for volumizing hair, you can also use it to moisturize your skin.
- 2 coconuts
- 1 grater
- 1 cloth strainer
- Put two openings into each coconut and extract their water.
- Open the coconuts and extract the pulp and grate to obtain a fine paste.
- Put the pulp through a cloth strainer and squeeze all the milk out.
- Now, add the coconut pulp to the coconut water and allow it to absorb before squeezing again.
- Put the resulting milk into a saucepan over low heat and slowly stir with a wooden spoon.
- The heat will make the oil and milk separate (you can also use a colander to separate them).
- Store the oil in a glass container.
- Use with moderation.
We recommend you to read: 7 Tips to Prevent Hair Loss and Promote Fast Hair Growth
How to use coconut oil to volumize fine hair
To volumize fine hair with this natural product, you must apply it at least three times a week.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat in the microwave until it melts.
- When it reaches a comfortable temperature, massage from the middle of the strands to the tips.
- Work a small amount toward the scalp and massage with your fingertips until it’s fully absorbed.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave on for at least 40 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with plenty of cool water, comb your hair, and let it air dry.
After using coconut oil for several weeks, you’ll be able to repair your hair and increase its volume and strength. Your hair will feel silkier and shinier after a short while. You’ll also enjoy a new tangle-free mane.