Natural Ways to Remove Unwanted Hair
Did you know that there are natural ways to remove unwanted hair from your body? With them you can save the cost of conventional hair removal techniques, as well as irritation and other side effects, plus the hair grows back weaker and weaker rather than growing back ever stronger.
Discover how you can remove unwanted hair in the most natural way, using sugar and lemon or with a simple thread of silk or cotton, and gradually weaken the hair with the help of turmeric.
Sugar and lemon method
This hair removal method has been used since ancient times in ancient Egypt and other Eastern countries, and you only need sugar and lemon. The method is similar to waxing, but is less painful, less expensive and more natural.
Currently, in some countries they sell ready-made sugar paste, but it is so simple that it is good to learn how to prepare it ourselves.
What is needed:
- 2 cups sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- A little water if the lemon juice is not sufficient
- Put the lemon juice and two cups of sugar in a medium saucepan or casserole dish. The juice should be enough to completely cover the sugar, if it isn’t enough just add a little water until it covers the sugar.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the sugar is completely dissolved. If you have a cooking thermometer use it to ensure the mixture reaches 115 degrees Celsius (240 degrees Fahrenheit).
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and wait for the mixture to thicken and become a sticky but manageable paste, with a soft golden color like honey. If it has a dark color it’s possible that is has been burned and you should start again. Never should it boil over high heat for more than a minute.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Once it cools, this sugar wax is applied in the conventional way. Distribute the wax evenly so that there is a thin layer and without waiting, pull the wax in the opposite direction, that is, in the direction of the hair growth.
In order that the sugar wax does not adhere too much to the skin you can put some talcum powder on the area to be treated, which must be clean and dry.
When finished with the wax you can apply a little moisturizer or aloe vera gel to soothe the skin. If there remain traces of the wax you can wash it off with warm water.
Silk or cotton thread method
A surprising and natural method to remove hair, possibly the most economical, is to simply use a thread. This technique, known as threading, was formerly used in India or Egypt, and in fact many women still use it today.
To begin this method requires some skill, and so for your first time you should go to a professional to have it done and see it done firsthand. When you have learned how to do it, this threading method can be done very quickly and painlessly.
For this method you use silk or cotton thread, which is doubled and then twisted and then rolled over the area to pluck out the hair follicles at their roots, in a way that it is not aggressive to the skin.
To prepare the thread cut a long piece of cotton or silk thread, double it and then twist it, and then follow the steps in this video.
This type of hair removal has the great advantage that it can take up to 6 weeks before the hair starts to grow out again, and it gradually becomes weaker as it grows back, in contrast to conventional waxing. And it can also be used on the face.
To use after hair removal you can prepare a facial mask or body mask of turmeric, since this spice has great properties for the skin. Turmeric also helps to gradually weaken the hair, so it will be the perfect complement to our treatment.
Simply mix turmeric powder with water until it becomes a creamy paste that does not drip, apply it to the skin and leave it for twenty minutes.