Natural Ways to Remove Unwanted Hair
Did you know that there are natural ways to remove unwanted hair from your body? With them, you can save the cost of conventional hair removal techniques, as well as irritation and other side effects. Plus, the hair grows back weaker and weaker rather than growing back ever stronger.
Discover how you can remove unwanted hair in the most natural way, using sugar and lemon or with a simple thread of silk or cotton, and gradually weaken the hair with the help of turmeric.
Sugar and lemon method
This unwanted hair removal method has been used since ancient times in ancient Egypt and other Eastern countries, and you only need sugar and lemon. The method is similar to waxing but it’s less painful, less expensive and more natural.
Currently, in some countries, they sell ready-made sugar paste, but it’s so simple that it’s good to learn how to prepare it yourself.
Read this article too:
What you need:
- 2 cups sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Make sure you have plenty of water
- Put the lemon juice and two cups of sugar in a medium-sized saucepan or casserole dish. There should be enough juice to completely cover the sugar, if there isn’t enough, just add a little water until it covers the sugar.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat while stirring it with a wooden spoon until the sugar is completely dissolved. If you have a cooking thermometer use it to make sure that the mixture reaches 115 degrees Celsius (240 degrees Fahrenheit).
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and wait for the mixture to thicken and become a sticky but manageable paste, with a soft golden color like honey. If it has a dark color it’s possible that is has been burned and you should start all over again. Never boil it over high heat for more than a minute.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Once it cools, this sugar wax should be applied the conventional way. Distribute the wax evenly so that there is a thin layer and without waiting, pull the wax in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
If the sugar wax sticks too much to your skin, you can put some talcum powder on the area. Make sure the area is clean and dry.
Once you’re finished with the wax, you can apply a little moisturizer or aloe vera gel to soothe the skin. If there remain traces of the wax you can wash it off with warm water.
Silk or cotton thread method
A surprising and natural method to remove hair — possibly the most inexpensive — is to simply use a thread. This technique, known as threading, was formerly used in India or Egypt, and in fact, many women still use it today.
This method requires some skill, and so for your first time, you should go to a professional to have it done and see it done firsthand. When you have learned how to do it, this threading method can be done very quickly and painlessly.
In order to perform this method, you use silk or cotton thread, which is doubled and then twisted and then rolled over the area to pluck out the hair follicles at their roots, in a fashion that it is not aggressive to the skin.
To prepare the thread, cut a long piece of cotton or silk thread, double it and then twist it, and then follow the steps in this video.
This type of hair removal method has the great advantage that it can take up to 6 weeks before the hair starts to grow out again, and it gradually becomes weaker as it grows back, unlike conventional waxing. And it can also be used on the face.
Check out this article too:
After removing your unwanted hair, you can prepare a facial mask or body mask of turmeric. This spice has great properties for the skin. Turmeric also helps to gradually weaken the hair, so it will be the perfect complement to your hair removal treatment.
Simply mix turmeric powder with water until it becomes a creamy paste that does not drip. Then apply it to the skin and leave it for twenty minutes.It might interest you...