Natural Remedies to Treat Gastritis
Gastritis is an extremely bothersome condition and so in today's post we bring you several natural remedies to help combat it
You know how painful and bothersome gastritis is. Stomach inflammation, irritation, burning… Very nasty symptoms that often take a few days to go away. Apart from following your doctor’s instructions, you can also complement it with simple natural remedies to treat gastritis. They’re easy to make, cheap, effective methods that will always give you good results. Read on and find out more!
1. Parsley drink to treat gastritis
The parsley-based treatment is very effective in resolving gastritis problems. This is a traditional remedy that is simple and worth trying when you feel discomfort in your stomach.
It’s a fact that parsley has all of these amazing properties:
- It is a natural source that is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, K.
- Parsley is an excellent diuretic, with great curative and digestive properties.
- Soothes stomach burning, inflammation, and gases.
To enjoy the benefits of parsley, there is nothing better than making a proper infusion. How? It’s very easy, follow these steps:
- Make a smoothie with 6 oz of parsley and a liter of water.
- Once you make this mixture, let it stand for two hours.
- Once this time has passed, strain the water and put it in a glass bottle away from the sun. Drink this remedy throughout the day at room temperature. The water should not be cold nor hot.
Read more: 5 Incredible Benefits of Eating Parsley
2. Rice Water
Rice water is another very traditional remedy to treat gastritis. You have surely heard of it before. It reduces inflammation, pain, gas, and the uncomfortable pressure in the abdomen. You should not forget that rice water is very rich in minerals and vitamins.
How to make it? Very easy. Just boil a liter of water and add 6 oz of rice. Let it boil as normal, and then separate the water from the rice. Drink it throughout the day, always at room temperature. Easy, right?
Read more: 3 Delicious Rice Recipes
3. Carrot and Celery Juice
Do you know the secret of these two amazing vegetables? Carrot and celery act as two excellent anti-inflammatories. They reduce burning on the stomach walls, reduce the sensation of swelling, and also give you rich minerals and vitamins.
If you have suffered from gastritis before, you will surely remember the lack of appetite, nausea, and the feeling of weakness. This natural juice will act as a good tonic. In order to benefit from all of its properties, follow these steps:
- Take two carrots and two celery stalks
- Clean them well and put them in the blender with a glass of water
- Enjoy the drink at your lunch or dinner. It’s delicious!
4. Apple and Chamomile InfusionThis combination may surprise you. It is a truly medicinal remedy that is worth trying when you want to treat gastritis. Do you want to know why?
- This apple infusion relaxes the stomach, soothes acidity, reduces stomach inflammation, and can help to cure gastritis
- It treats infections
- This remedy is great when you feel nauseous, for example
To make this simple treatment, you will need a raw, peeled apple, cut into pieces. You should boil a glass of water in a teapot. Once this is boiling, add an apple and a chamomile infusion.
Let it boil a few times. You will need the apple to cook for at least 20 minutes. Once this infusion is ready, let stand and lower the heat. Strain it and keep only the water. Drink it at room temperature in the mornings. It’s delicious!
5. Pear and Ginger Smoothie
You may have tried the classic pear and ginger marmalade before. It is a delicious marmalade that is perfect for any dessert, and is very rich and healthy.
- When combining pear with ginger, it treats inflammation as well as pain. You know that ginger acts as a natural painkiller: it is a medicinal plant that is capable of relieving stomach pain.
- Pears are great fruits to eat when you experience gastritis. Rich in minerals and vitamins, pears are very easy to digest. It has fiber and helps reduce inflammation as well.
- In order to carry out this simple treatment, make a mixture that is similar to the option above, the one with apple. Peel and cut the pear and add 300 ml of water. Add 1 oz of ginger. Let it cook and then put the mixture into the blender. Once you have gotten a well blended juice, drink it little by little. It’s great for dinner.