Marbled Bundt Cake Recipe
This marbled bundt cake is a delicious dessert that can easily be prepared at home. It’s an exquisite, fluffy, sweet cake. In fact, it’s one of the most internationally famous American pastry recipes. In addition to this, when it’s made with natural ingredients, you can get a fairly balanced result at a nutritional level.
How to make a marbled bundt cake
As with most sweets and desserts, it’s best to make them at home. In this way, you can control the amount of sugar used and avoid the addition of trans fats with inflammatory potential, as well as artificial additives.
These elements could sometimes negatively affect the functioning of the intestinal microbiota and cause other health problems. In the case of marbled bundt cake, these same precautions should be kept in mind.
To make a delicious and healthier version, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- 200 grams (8 oz) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 175 grams (7 oz) of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 milliliters of vanilla essence
- 325 grams (13 oz) of pastry flour
- 16 grams (0.6 oz) of baking powder
- 6 grams of salt
- 45 milliliters of milk at room temperature
- 30 grams (1.2 oz) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100 grams (4 oz) of strawberry or peach marmalade
- Powdered sugar
Step by step instructions
- Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Grease a ring mold.
- At the same time, mix the butter with the sugar in a large bowl with the help of a whisk until it forms a fluffy cream.
- Then, start adding the eggs one by one.
- Add the vanilla and continue mixing.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, yeast, and salt.
- Once these ingredients are well mixed in, pour half of the mixture into the bowl with the eggs and sugar. It’s important to beat at a low speed.
- Then add the milk and, finally, the other half of the flour.
- At this point, divide the dough into two parts. Add the cocoa and the marmalade to one of the halves, until you get a very smooth mixture. Place the white part in the bottom of the baking pan and spread the cocoa around. When finished, cover with the leftover white part.
- Bake the bundt cake for about 15 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius (345 F).
- After this time, remove it from the oven and let it cool a little. Then, unmold it on a wire rack.
- To finish, decorate with a little powdered sugar and that’s it. You can even add a little hazelnut crunch before serving.
You may also be interested in: Try This Recipe for Sponge Cake with Corn Flour
Contraindications of marbled bundt cake
The inclusion of marbled bundt cake could be done in the context of a varied and balanced diet without major complications, unless there is a previous metabolic pathology. In these cases, it has proven to be best to greatly limit the presence of simple sugars in the diet to avoid increases in insulin resistance.
However, it is worth noting that this recipe has no trans fats inside. This is good news, since industrial confectionery usually concentrates this kind of element. According to a study published in Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome, these are elements that increase the levels of inflammation in the body and thus increase the risk of developing complex pathologies.
Finally, it should be emphasized that the effects of a high consumption of simple carbohydrates can be mitigated by intense physical exercise. In this context, it may even make sense to increase the intake of these carbohydrates. There is evidence that they help to generate the repletion of glycogen deposits after activity, improving recovery afterwards.
Read more: Delicious Apple Sponge Cake Recipe
Prepare marbled bundt cake at home
As you have seen, it’s possible to prepare a simple, yet exquisite, marbled bundt cake at home. Few ingredients are needed to achieve great results with a nutritional quality far superior to the versions that can be found in supermarkets. In this way, you can enjoy a dessert without feeling guilty, as long as it’s included in the context of a varied and balanced diet.
Finally, keep in mind that the best options to finish a meal are fruit and fermented dairy products. These products have fiber or probiotics inside, elements that improve the functioning of the microbiota. Even so, the occasional consumption of sweets won’t be harmful to your health, as long as you have healthy life habits.It might interest you...