Mango for Constipation: The Benefits and How to Prepare It
Mango is a fruit that can help fight the symptoms of slow digestion. Due to the fact that mango contains a significant amount of dietary fiber, it aids digestion and facilitates the removal of the waste retained in the colon. That’s why more and more people are using mango for constipation.
Although many people turn to synthetic laxatives when they’re constipated, natural options such as mango are preferable. This fruit doesn’t produce unwanted side effects and can be incorporated into any diet.
In addition, it’s a good way to give your body an extra energy boost, as its sugars are absorbed slowly and don’t raise blood sugar levels.
In this article, we’ll share some of its properties and some tasty mango recipes.
Mango for Constipation
Mango is a delicious fruit that belongs to the flowering plant genus Mangifera. There are many different varieties and it can be found in different colors such as red, yellow, and green. It’s rounded and smooth and has think skin.
It’s been considered a beneficial fruit since ancient times due to the fact that it’s a source of vitamins A, B, and C and minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Mangoes also contain a lot of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
The fiber it contains is precisely the reason why this fruit can help fight constipation. This substance optimizes digestive system functions and helps regulate intestinal peristalsis.
Other benefits of mango for constipation stem from its polyphenols, which are antioxidant substances that help reduce inflammation. Mango also improves the composition of the gut microbiota and promotes the elimination of toxins.
In addition, mango helps boost immune function, because its vitamin C contents make up 41% of the body’s needs. This nutrient inhibits the effects of free radicals and boosts the production of antibodies.
You should also read: 12 Home Remedies for Constipation in Children
How to Prepare Mango for Constipation
The traditional way of consuming mango for constipation is in its natural, raw, and ripe state. A small mango or ¾ cup of chopped mango is a suitable portion for this purpose.
However, you can enhance its properties if you mix it with other ingredients. Although this means you’ll consume more calories, the following recipes are perfect options that may help treat this problem so you don’t have to resort to synthetic laxatives.
Try them out today!
Mango and Oatmeal Smoothie
This smoothie has a lot of dietary fiber, which means it helps deal with constipation. It’s also a low-calorie, filling beverage that may help control food cravings.
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- First, chop the pulp of a ripe mango.
- Put it in the blender and add the oats and glass of water.
- Blend for a few minutes until you get a smooth and lump-free drink.
- Serve and sweeten with the tablespoons of honey.
How to drink
- Take the smoothie on an empty stomach or as a part of your breakfast.
- Drink it at least three times a week.
This article may also interest you: How to Make a Homemade Syrup for Constipation
Healthy Mango Mousse
This mousse is a healthy way to enjoy the benefits of mango for constipation. It’s a good choice for children because it’s very appealing and delicious. It can be eaten at breakfast or as a snack.
- 1 unflavored gelatin sheet
- ½ a cup of water (125 ml)
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1 glass of plain low-fat yogurt (200 ml)
- First, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in half a cup of boiling water.
- Then, cut the ripe mangoes into pieces and put them in the blender.
- Add the yogurt and dissolved gelatin to the blender and blend for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a glass container and then put it in the refrigerator.
How to drink
- When the dessert is ready, eat a small portion during breakfast.
- If you want, you can eat a portion when you feel hungry between meals.
Mango and Coconut Milk Smoothie
This coconut milk and mango smoothie is perfect for constipation. Due to the fact that it contains a significant amount of fatty acids and amino acids, it’s an energy drink that also helps boost athletic performance.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup of coconut milk (200 ml)
- Ice cubes (to taste)
- Peel the ripe mangoes and cut them into several pieces.
- Then, put them in the blender and blend them with the coconut milk.
- Finally, add the ice to taste and serve.
How to drink
- Drink this smoothie mid-morning, at least three times a week.
Do you feel heavy? Are you suffering from digestive problems and constipation? Don’t hesitate to use mango as a remedy to relieve these issues! As you can see, it’s very nutritious and there are many ways to add it to your diet.