Five Homemade Liver Detox Drinks
In order for our liver to stay healthy and to function correctly, it's advisable to consume natural foods and drinks that help us purify and protect it.
Most of us don’t think enough about their liver health. The liver carries out important functions such as controlling metabolism, cleaning the blood and digesting fats. Not only that, but the liver also helps with plasmic protein synthesis, which is the body’s way of storing essential vitamins. Looking for a natural way to protect this vital organ? Keep your liver healthy with these homemade liver detox drinks.
Unfortunately, continual exposure to environmental toxins and unhealthy food can inhibit optimal liver function. As a consequence, you can develop disorders that compromise your health. To prevent illness and promote health and well-being, a growing number of people do regular detoxes to reset their systems and protect their livers.
Below, you’ll find five natural homemade liver detox drinks. Try one today, and enjoy the benefits of these natural remedies.
1. Apple and lemon juice with cinnamon
The antiseptic and detoxifying power of lemon combines with the purifying properties of cinnamon and apple in this hydrating and healthy drink.
It contains fiber and antioxidants that help flush out toxins and waste and improve vital bodily functions.
- 2 apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon juice
- 1 liter of water
- Cut up the apples and remove their seeds.
- Place the apple pieces in the blender and then pour in the water and lemon juice.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour the juice in a jug and then add the cinnamon stick,
- Drink it throughout the day for at least two weeks.
2. Strawberry, watermelon and rosemary water
This low-calorie drink provides a great way to hydrate the body and reduce toxins in the body.
Moreover, it has a high concentration of antioxidants that protect against free radicals. It is also great for preventing liver problems and acts as a natural diuretic. Consequently, it is ideal for preventing and treating fluid retention.
- 1 cup of strawberries (170g)
- 3 watermelon slices
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 liters of water
- Put the strawberries in the blender and then add the watermelon and water.
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a large jug and add the two rosemary sprigs.
- Place the juice in the fridge and drink it every four to six hours, three days a week.
3. Beetroot and lemon juice
Beetroot contains betalains, which are powerful antioxidants. Eating this vegetable may help eliminate heavy metals from our body and reduce the risk of liver cancer.
Enhance the positive effects of beetroot by adding lemon juice. The combination helps the body naturally eliminate waste. Follow the recipe below to make another one of these delicious liver detox drinks.
You might like: How to Make a Delicious Beet Salad
- 1 large beetroot
- Lemon juice
- 1 glass of water (200ml)
- Cut the beetroot into large chunks.
- Place the beetroot pieces in the blender with the water and lemon juice.
- Mix on high for several minutes.
- Serve it fresh and drink it on an empty stomach for seven consecutive days.
4. Watercress drinks
Read more: The Best Natural Remedies for Inflammation
Watercress is a powerful diuretic. As a result, it helps facilitate the regulation of fluids and decreases inflammation. What’s more, its properties improve blood filtration in order to remove toxins and excess lipids.
Watercress is also recommended for the treatment of high bilirubin, hepatitis, and gallstones.
- 1 cup of watercress (50g)
- Half a liter of water
- Wash the watercress and then cut it up (with or without the root).
- Boil the half liter of water and when it comes to boil, remove it from the fire then add the watercress.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes and then try a cup of it.
- Drink it throughout the day and for three consecutive days.
5. Orange juice and ginger – one of the best liver detox drinks
Orange juice is a delicious detoxifying juice that can be drunk every day. However, here we’re going to mix orange juice with ginger and olive oil to make a natural remedy for liver problems.
The properties of this drink reduce inflammation and promote the elimination of waste from the body. The vitamins and minerals in this juice are wonderful for warding off chronic illnesses.
- 1 cup of natural orange juice (250ml)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger (5g)
- A large spoonful of olive oil (16g)
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender and mix them together well.
- Serve the drink immediately and drink it for three consecutive days.
So, if you experience bloating or discomfort consider preparing some of these wonderful liver detox drinks. Remember to follow the recommendations included with each recipe, and always eat a diet low in fat and sugar.
Finally, avoid drinking several of these drinks at the same time. Doing so could be counterproductive.