Five Homemade Drinks to Detox the Liver
In recent years, people have been turning to drinks to naturally detox the liver. This is because they’re aware that they must guard the health of this organ in order to optimize their quality of life.
The liver is an organ capable of fulfilling its functions without any help when it’s healthy. However, maintaining good lifestyle habits can significantly contribute to its proper maintenance.
Simple daily habits such as drinking enough water a day can do a lot for your health. This is because water allows the absorption of essential nutrients, is a source of energy, helps improve digestive function, and helps eliminate toxins and waste from internal organs.
However, water isn’t the only drink that can provide adequate hydration on a daily basis. You can also take advantage of some homemade drinks, such as the ones that we’re about to discuss.
Homemade drinks to detox the liver
The following drinks can help you supplement your daily hydration. But you must keep in mind that they won’t optimize your health on their own. So, merely add them to a healthy lifestyle.
1. Apple and lemon juice with cinnamon
Give this delicious apple and cinnamon juice a try to detoxify the liver. But only if you’ve already consulted the contraindications of cinnamon and decide you can consume it safely.
- 2 apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Water (as much as you need)
- Wash and cut the apples, then cube them (don’t remove the skin) and place them in a container with fresh water and set aside
- Boil a glass of water in a pot and then add the cinnamon stick
- Lower the heat, cover the pot, and let the cinnamon boil for a few minutes
- Turn off the heat and let the liquid warm up a bit.
- Transfer all the ingredients to the blender and process them
- Finally, serve it, add a few ice cubes, and drink it
You might like: How to Make a Delicious Beet Salad
2. Strawberry-watermelon-rosemary drink
Enjoying a delicious strawberry or watermelon drink during summer is great on its own. But when you mix both fruits and add a little bit of rosemary on top of it all you end up with a rather refreshing drink that also helps detox your body naturally.
- Watermelon (as much as you need)
- A sprig of rosemary
- 1 c. of strawberries
- Water ( as much as you need)
- Wash and drain the strawberries, remove the stalk and cube or slice them
- Then, select a piece of watermelon and deseed it
- Now, add the fruit and a little water to the blender and process it
- Strip the sprig of rosemary and add its leaves to the drink
- Stir with a spoon to integrate everything well.
- Finally, serve it and consume it
3. Beets and lime drink
Beet juice and a bit of lime can detox the liver and add extra antioxidants and fiber to your diet. This is great because these two substances can greatly contribute to your overall health.
- The juice of a lime
- 1 large beet
- 1 glass of water
- A red apple (optional)
- Wash and drain the beet and cut it into thin slices
- Place them in the blender along with the water
- Process it to a homogeneous mixture
- Then, add the lime juice and process it again
- Taste it for the flavor and consistency you like, then serve it and drink it
- If you want, you could add a red apple to soften the beet flavor
4. Watercress drinks
Having a rich mixed salad with watercress is a good option to complement meals or just as a light snack. However, this isn’t the only way to take advantage of the health benefits of this plant. You can also mix it with a cucumber and make a detox drink.
- 1/2 c. of watercress
- 2 large cucumbers
- Water (amount needed)
- Optional: chia or poppy seeds
- Wash, drain, and chop the watercress finely and set aside
- Next, bring a little water to a boil in a pot and add the watercress when it reaches a boiling point
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let the watercress steep for a few minutes
- After about 10 minutes, remove the lid and set it aside
- Then, wash, drain, and cut the cucumbers into slices
- Now, pour the infusion, the watercress, and the cucumber slices into the blender and process everything until smooth
- Serve it and consume it in moderation; add a teaspoon of chia or poppy seeds if you like
Read more: The Best Natural Remedies for Inflammation
5. Orange juice and ginger – one of the best liver detox drinks
If you’ve already informed yourself about the contraindications of ginger and you decide you can safely consume, then give the following recipe a try.
- 0.18 oz of fresh ginger
- 2 or 3 large oranges.
- Water (amount needed)
- Peel and grate the ginger and set it aside
- Next, cut the oranges in half and proceed to extract their juice
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender and process them with some water (less than half a glass) to properly integrate them
- Taste and, if the result is to your liking, serve it, and consume it; add more water and re-process in the blender for a smoother drink
Note: some people add a touch of olive oil to this preparation to detox the liver, make it more digestive and thus combat constipation. However, you must take into account that olive oil modifies the taste of the drink. So, don’t add more than a few drops.
Ready to detox the liver?
Don’t add sugar or other sweeteners in order to keep these drinks as wholesome as possible. Ideally, you must enjoy the natural flavor of its ingredients.
Similarly, keep in mind that you must add these drinks to a healthy lifestyle in order to detox the liver. You won’t obtain real benefits otherwise.
Finally, keep in mind that you must consume everything in moderation, even if it’s natural and homemade. As Oscar Wilde once said, “Everything in moderation, including moderation.”It might interest you...