Learn How to Make Quinoa Milk and its Benefits
Besides being gluten-free, quinoa milk gives you significant amounts of calcium and dietary fiber. These are good for helping take care of both your bones and your digestive health.
Quinoa is a food with a high nutritional content. It’s been used since ancient times because of its multiple health benefits for both your body and mind. Quinoa milk is made of this highly nutritional ingredient.
It’s usually used in the kitchen the same way cereals are used. In reality, however, it’s a pseudo-cereal. It’s gluten free and protein rich.
In fact, it’s one of the most recommended ingredients in vegan cooking. This is because it’s a source of the fiber, essential fatty acids, and other nutrients your body needs.
Many people even think of it as a super food. This isn’t just because of its concentration of vitamins and minerals. It’s also because it’s one of the few foods that have all of the essential amino acids.
Best of all, it’s very easy to digest. It has few calories and is good for people with celiac disease.
Since we know that many haven’t tried adding quinoa to their diets, in this article we want to highlight an interesting recipe and its main benefits.
Quinoa milk: a vegetable drink with many benefits
Unlike other vegetable milks, quinoa milk is a drink that’s rich in proteins, fiber, and antioxidants.
With a small number of calories, it’s a significant source of:
- Vitamins (C, E, and B-complex)
- Dietary fiber
- Minerals (iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc)
- Linoleic acid
How do you make it?
Making quinoa milk is very easy. It doesn’t take much time, and its ingredients are easy to find at your supermarket.
The original recipe is made with water and quinoa. However, today we’re going to suggest adding an extra touch of flavor with a little vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 cup of quinoa seeds
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Put the quinoa in a container, cover it with water, and let it soak all night long.
- The next day, drain the quinoa and put the seeds in a pot with two cups of water.
- Cook them until they soften. Then, pour them in your blender with another two cups of water.
- Blend it on high speed until you get a smooth drink.
- Then, add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Strain the milk through a fine strainer to separate the liquid from what’s left of the seeds.
- Serve it cold or hot. If you want, sweeten it with a tablespoon of honey.
What are the benefits of quinoa milk?
Because of its nutritional makeup, drinking quinoa milk on a regular basis gives your body a lot of benefits.
Its omega 3 fatty acids content helps control your levels of cholesterol. They also help with other problems that affect your heart health.
It has anti-inflammatory substances that encourage balance in your body’s inflammation. This helps control diseases like arthritis and muscle pains.
In addition, its protein content strengthens and stimulates muscle mass creation. This makes it perfect for athletes and people who have physically demanding jobs.
This is an interesting alternative to cow’s milk. After all, it doesn’t have lactose and it gives a significant amount of calcium and essential minerals.
Here are some more of its amazing benefits:
- It serves as a remedy for relieving constipation and digestive diseases. This is because it has dietary fiber and other substances you need for a perfectly functioning stomach and intestine.
- In addition, it’s recommended as a complement for strengthening your immune system. This is because its vitamins and minerals increase your defensive response against harmful pathogens.
- Plus, quinoa milk is one of the best additions for losing weight in a healthy way. It has a minimal number of calories, is very filling, and its nutrients support your metabolic functions.
- Finally, it can be even used as a remedy for dehydration and diarrhea. The minerals and other nutrients it has help to strengthen your body.
- You can even add it to your beauty routine. Not only does it regulate your pH levels, it also fights overproduction of oils, acne, and premature wrinkles. In fact, applying it on your hair encourages hydration when your hair is dry. It also increases shine.
Follow the steps we’ve given you and enjoy its fantastic properties today!